Gretsch bigsbys?

What's Hot
Does anyone know what type of bigsby would fit on a G5425?
I'm tempted to fit one but dont want to have to screw it down - is there an option to use a vibromate?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27565
    edited February 2015
    A Vibramate with Bigsby B5 might fit, or you could go authentic duo-jet and fit a B3:

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2972
    tFB Trader
    The classic one is probably the v-cut B3C, tail mount. Will need drilling but not in the top.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72927
    If the top is arched, will the vibramate not hang in mid air at the end?
    Slightly, but as long as the post inserts are solid in the body it shouldn't matter.

Or if you measure the distance from the tailpiece to the end of the guitar and compare it with a Les Paul, you could find out whether it would take a full-length B7 and Vibramate. That does start to get expensive though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    I fitted a B3 to my 5238 and only screws were in the tail end not on the top. Not sure about a vibramate though.
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).