Is this a thing people pay money for?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited February 2015

My (possibly ageist) assumption has always been that these are aimed at ageing Shadows fans who don't want to mess about too much with scary digital stuff. A bit like those rip-off services that used to set you up with a PC and an AOL account if you were a retiree with no kids or grandkids to do it for you.

:) I know where you're coming from, but the trade in these cd's/ e-mails/ pre-programmed units is based on the fact that there are many, many echo settings from various units over the years that cover the Shads's output, and so someone does the spadework for you setting it all up so you don't lose half your own life trying to work it out. 
    What is it with the shadows anyway. Never really thought their sound was hard to get.

Obviously the basic tone is a nice Strat into a clean amp, preferably a Vox. But the actual delay settings vary a lot. The original Echoes from the Past settings were worked out against the original recordings. 

I used to do a fair few Shads covers, and I only used a basic digital delay. It was okay for my purposes, but obviously a lot of people want it to be more accurate. That's their prerogative and there's a market for this. 

I mean, hank Marvin couldn't remember half the settings, and was using a Quadraverb programmed with EFTP himself for ages. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thorpy6;532914" said:
    Ive seen people pay to have their strings changed, £20 in total including the price of strings. crazy
    One of my students pays me 20gbp to change his strings as he has no time.... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • its a service. people pay to have their computers set up, their bicycles setup, their guitars setup, their amps modded so why not. .

to be honest if someone is busy and has lots a money and cant be bothered playing with all the settings, and someone has done all the groundwork why not

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom