Boss Line selector dead...sorted!

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 366
edited March 2015 in FX
I've just found a great use for this pedal, which worked last time I used it ages ago, but now it's dead on battery and mains. Any ideas lads and lasses?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    Daft question probably and hopefully not insulting your intelligence :) - but are you trying to use it as a mini-mixer? If so you need a dummy plug in the input socket to turn it on. (Yes, there is a reason I know that ;).)

If it's not that and you are using the input socket, could it be loose or damaged?

Could it have been tried with the wrong power supply?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the reply,

I tried using it as an fx loop in my single channel amp so all the ins and outs were in use. Don't think I've cooked the power input. It just seems to be a deceased parrot as they say...

Is it totally dead, or does it light up but not pass any sound?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Totally dead....
    Most likely to be the power socket or the main voltage regulator. It could also be the 'ring' contact in the input jack, which I think needs to work to turn the power on even with an adaptor. (Although I might be wrong.)

It should be fixable for much less than a new (even second hand) one, anyway - they're actually quite simple electrically.

• Thanks for all your input on this. Plugged in another power supply last night and it burst into life so that's the answer. haven't a clue why it won't work on batteries though.
    Plugged in another power supply last night and it burst into life so that's the answer. haven't a clue why it won't work on batteries though.
    Because the power socket is damaged. Have you used the wrong size of adaptor plug and opened up the contacts too much? That might explain both problems.