Strat wiring. Middle position not working? Stacked tone pots? re-wire needed

Had this strat since 96' in 99' as a young fool I had some dude at a local shop put a humbucker in it and fit a coil tap (via a switch not push/pull pot).  A couple of your ago I changed the pickup to an oil city pickup but never wired the coil tap up.  Back story done!

My middle pickup is not working, the wiring is a mess.  Can't see why it wouldn't work.  This guitar has been played gigs hundreds of times and the sweat has caused lots of rusting on the bridge.  Could this be effecting the 5 way switch?  If not what could the problem be if you can make it out in the pictures.

Also how do I wire up the coil tap?  live wire is currently going to the middle lug of the switch.  The two coil tap cables from the Oil city are currently tapped up.  What colour needs to go where on the switch.

Hope you can help.  Cheers

p.s why is the tone pot stacked?  Any need for this, benefits... thinking this whole thing needs to be done again by a professional. 

I've uploaded the wiring pictures.  There is a black ground cable that came loose, so I need to wire that up.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments