Kemper Firmware 3.0 now available

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Public beta of Kemper FW3.0 is now available.

I've not tried doing any direct profiles with it yet as I only just saw it, but I did download and install it. Rig switching is MUCH quicker. Usable live now I'd say.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Thanks for the heads up.  I'll probably wait for the full release rather than the beta though.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2379
    My KPR has been dispatched now, hopefully be in the UK next week, looking forward to trying it out with V3 :)
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited February 2015
    The version 3 full release software is now available. 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    quite a few bugs being reported, not seen any myself
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
    best to wait for 3.0.1 then I think
    The Remote arrived this morning, won't be able to connect it up until I get home tonight, however build quality feels excellent, very study unit, outside of it is very similar to the green case on the lunchbox.

Version 3.0 is on the Kemper already, the only bug I've noticed is that if you go to tuner first (which I always do when powering on) it doesn't mute the output, even with the box ticked, if you go to browse or performance and back again it works as expected. Known issue and certainly not a show stopper. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @PVO_Dave - can't wait for your review of the Remote so get cracking! :)
    Gave it a quick test tonight @Chalky - very happy!

The patch changes with the KPR and v3 are virtually instant, much, much better, on par with changing channels on a real amp. 

Build quality is great, display (once adjusted, contrast was way up when it arrived) is superb. 

I've got 2x DVP3's, one for volume/tuner on mute and the other for wah or pitch shift, they were working like that out of the box too, very cool. 

I'll spend some more time with it, assigning effects etc.. at the weekend. Happy chappy so far!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    PVO_Dave said:
    Gave it a quick test tonight @Chalky - very happy!

The patch changes with the KPR and v3 are virtually instant, much, much better, on par with changing channels on a real amp. 
    Any chance you could do a video of that? Is this in performance mode, or browser mode?
    @Drew_fx sure, likely to be the weekend though. It was in performance mode
  • Ooo. This is like some firmware arms race, and no one can win...

...except the users. :))
    Many thanks @PVO_Dave - looking forward to the video! =D>
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Put it on mine last night.  Didn't have a long play with it but all appears to be functional.  Want to get the remote now.
    Not sure if an Instagram image will link on here, but this is the setup now:

2x DVP3's
    KPR
    Swan flight case
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PVO_Dave said:
    @Drew_fx sure, likely to be the weekend though. It was in performance mode
    Please do it. Very curious.

Here, when I switch on the unit itself, rig changes are no quicker in performance mode than previous versions.
    Will do - I haven't really tried changing patches on the unit it's self since v3, I just upgraded it, tested it still worked and turned it off again until the KPR arrived yesterday.

I'll try and sort it on Saturday
    @Drew_fx and @Chalky and @crunchman if you're interested.

Rubbish quality video, the GoPro I have doesn't like low (indoor) lighting very much. The sound was recorded via a sound card and matched up (I matched it to the GoPro audio before removing thatt in iMovie).

Video isn't perfect, but should give you an idea. The patch change is pretty much instant, but the corresponding LED takes a hair longer.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Perfect thanks. I guess they are supplied direct from Kemper? Will logon later.
    PVO_Dave said:

Rubbish quality video, the GoPro I have doesn't like low (indoor) lighting very much. The sound was recorded via a sound card and matched up (I matched it to the GoPro audio before removing thatt in iMovie).

Video isn't perfect, but should give you an idea. The patch change is pretty much instant, but the corresponding LED takes a hair longer.

That's faster the Axe FX II. Pretty damn impressive! Thanks matey, really appreciate that.
    Chalky said:
    Perfect thanks. I guess they are supplied direct from Kemper? Will logon later.
    Yep, Kemper only for now. Quite a long wait to get one though, I got mine via the 'Early Bird' list
    Drew_fx said:
    PVO_Dave said:

That's faster the Axe FX II. Pretty damn impressive! Thanks matey, really appreciate that.
    No problem, it's very impressive. 

From what I understand though, the changes via midi (FCB1010 etc.,) should be as fast, I moved mine on though so can't check sadly.