Connecting amp head in control room to cab in live room

What's the best way to do this? We've got a bantam patchbay connected to patchbay box in the live room. 24 XLR's and 8 XLR combi jack's for headphone mixes and other signals.

Can I go from my amp head into the bantam, through to one of the combi jacks, and then into my cab? Will the amp be loaded properly if I do this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Okay, found my answer... nope... poweramp outputs are not a good idea to put through a bantam!
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1647
    edited February 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Okay, found my answer... nope... poweramp outputs are not a good idea to put through a bantam!

What or who has changed your mind? Certainly 100W at 4 Ohms might be illadvised but a 20-30 watter, especially if 16R would be fine IMHO. The biggest problem would be crosstalk if mics were running as well and you would have to be careful not to patch speaker output to say a mic input or indeed a mic!

An alternative would be to send the signal from guitar via a decent pedal to buffer it or use two passive DI boxes "back to back.

Dave.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10498

Our control room to live room is wired via speakon sockets, they fit the same cutout as an XLR. Then we give the guitarist speakon to jack adapter leads

If you do put the output through a standard bay it's the cable it's wired with you need to consider as it's probably only signal cable
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2224
    We've run three speaker leads through the wall.
    And to be fair, most of the time I use the Kemper.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yeah got a long cable, should be fine.