pedal controlled sampler/looper that can save samples as presets?

What's Hot
TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a sampler/looper that is foot controlled that can save samples/loops as presets? There is an absolute myriad of different products out there but it seems rather hard to find something that can store presets after power has been removed. 

Effectively I want to have a bank of 5/6 preset sounds recorded onto the device so in a live environment we know exactly how long they are etc. 

anybody have any idea of something that would work? 

Cheers in advance for any advice :) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just looking into a Boss RC300 and I think that one does what you want. 
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    oooh cool i'll have a look at that now, thank you :) 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7827
    edited February 2015
    the RC-50 does it, as does the RC300, and the RC30 too by the looks of things.

edit: even the RC-3 says it has room for 99 stored loops
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Just had a look and it's overkill for what i need really. I'm looking to use it for ambient noises in between tracks live when swapping guitars over etc. something simpler (read cheaper :)  ) would be good. 

@Paul_C the RC 50 looks like a possible, cheers for that :) 
  • Do you have an iPad? Loads of apps available that can do that. R.
  • RC 20 would do you too, and I imagine you can get one off ebay for thruppence.
    Do you have an iPad? Loads of apps available that can do that. R.
    yep we have an Ipad, that's a great idea. Any ideas on which apps? cheers for your help. :) 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Does the RC300 give you one-shot mode for the sounds you're triggering?
  • Drew_fx said:
    Does the RC300 give you one-shot mode for the sounds you're triggering?
    I think so - The RC-30 certainly does so it would be odd if the big boy didn't
  • I play in a band that uses backing tracks for drums and bass, and we use a digitech jamman stereo to trigger them.. really robust unit, not massively expensive, you and can drag and drop tracks from a pc onto a sd card on it via USB.. might be worth a look too for you - never let us down yet!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers @bevanjon74 that's really helpful :)
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited February 2015
    Personally I'd prefer a desktop type hardware sampler like the SP404 if its just for ambiant, non guitar sound, hardware samplers are fun as hell.

I'd imagine there must be an iPad app that has that funcitonality but I havent found it yet.
  • No worries @trotter - we went for the jamman stereo as it has separate footswitches for start, stop and bank/loop up and down so easy to use in a live situation .. Fool proof or bevanjon74 proof , if you will ...
  • Small, simple, 11 presets...?

I simply love the EHX 360

Hmmm.. is there anything out there that will timestretch a loop without changing it's pitch via tap-tempo?
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1268
    edited February 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Hmmm.. is there anything out there that will timestretch a loop without changing it's pitch via tap-tempo?
    I've just had a look at the manual for my JamMan SoloXT (the latest version). I think it can do this (if I'm reading this right) with a stored loop. I've never tried to do this but I'll experiment later and report back.

[edit] page 25 of the manual if you want to look it up.

• Drew_fx said:
    I've just had a look at the manual for my JamMan SoloXT (the latest version). I think it can do this (if I'm reading this right) with a stored loop. I've never tried to do this but I'll experiment later and report back.

[edit] page 25 of the manual if you want to look it up.

Right, I've just done a quick test and it WILL do this BUT (and it's a pretty annoying 'but' when it comes to live performance)...

The 'mode' switch on the FS3X footswitch (or a DIY version in my case) only acts as a tap tempo while the unit is stopped. Once the loop is playing, the 'mode' switch acts as stop. The 'tempo' switch on the pedal itself still operates when the loop is playing.

So, if you wanted to tap in the tempo once the loop was playing you'd have a problem. It might be possible to hack into the tempo button and run it to an external footswitch, maybe? Other than that, you're limited to tapping in the tempo before you press play on the loop.
    Thanks dude! Sounds like it's more of a faff than I can be arsed with tbh!