Klone + Bassman Question

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9851

So I accidentally bought a Karma FX Klone on eBay the other day, whoops. One of these in fact:

Linky

Does anybody know how well a Klon(e) goes with a Bassman type amp? I'm trying to build a nice home set up, and am currently persisting with a Mooer mini Bassman type head. I've had some nice sounds out of it (eventually) by using a predominantly trebly boosted eq and a boost in front of it, to push it but also to shape the sound. Would the Klone perhaps give both the boost and a bit of treble increase?

I'm hoping to get quite a nice neat sounding overdrive sound, that's what I've been trying to "mock up" so far with my multi fx but fancy doing it with proper pedals if possible. Next up is to see if I can find a nice neat fuzz that can work with it, once it arrives (the seller seems to only ship out 6 days after his ebay sales end)

Thanks

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I used to run a Klone into a 50w '69 Bassman head, it sounded glorious!

I used the Pedal for a little grit and high end, but a big volume boost. Regret selling that amp!
  • That's encouraging. I mean the Mooer is nowhere near the sound you'd get from a proper Bassman, and it takes a lot of tweaking with pedals going into it, but this I the kind of thing I was hoping it might help with

Fingers crossed

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic