Empress Distorion

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
edited February 2015 in FX
Anyone tried this? Good or not? Been offered one but can't test it as in the wrong country!
It's the red one
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the multidrive which has the Empress Distortion in it. 
    Its a corner stone of my board and the 3 way setting for mild/crunch/lead is awesome and gives you 3 different pedals. 
    You dont have the 3 way toggle on the hz range for the mids though which makes a huge difference too. 

how much money is at stake? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I think its part of the make-up of the one @meltedbuzzbox has...I think. It'll be tremendous, I'd venture.
  • slow off the mark @GavHaus
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    edited February 2015
    I have the multidrive which has the Empress Distortion in it. 
    Its a corner stone of my board and the 3 way setting for mild/crunch/lead is awesome and gives you 3 different pedals. 
    You dont have the 3 way toggle on the hz range for the mids though which makes a huge difference too. 

how much money is at stake? 
    60 GBP...

Do you run it into a clean amp or into a dirty one? IT appeals as I am using a single channel amp these days, set to  mild crunch. just not sure if i need another dirt pedal...
  • the cleanest of the clean amp :-)

Its a great pedal and at £60 you cant really go wrong to be honest. It does the edge of break up thing, it does a good crunchy sound and on lead it offers a truck load of gain and loads of sustain. 

I would buy it
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    BIG sounding pedal!! Bargain, IMHO.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• offer made... let's see
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Blimey! 60 quid will hardly get you a good single pedal let alone a 3 in 1 type of thing.
    You must absolutely buy it!
  • Bid accepted :) pedal gets posted to me on Monday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom