Npd x 4! Colourful content

What's Hot
joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
So, as part of my rebuilding process, I've been on a buying spree!

Short reviews:

Fuzz Factory: I've owned three vexters previously, and sold them on (needed the cash, easy to sell!)  This came up here and a pulled the trigger.  Not sure if it is my eyes listening, but this sounds a lot better than the vexter to me, much more of a full sound.  It's from 05, maybe there is a difference back then?  I do remember the vexter being harsh at times, where as this thing really doesn't do that.  Great fun pedal, happy to have another!

POT: Wow, fucking wow at that.  What a pedal.  I've owned many OD pedals before but this shames them all.  Even the Analogman ts808 which was my main od for years! Either this is a special pedal, or I became much much better overnight.  Using it in the OD mode, and it is working great with singles and hummies.  Can;t say enough good things so far

Phase90: Came with a much needed instruction manual lol.  I've owned the block phase90 before, and there isn't much difference to my ears, however the bypass is meant to be better on this, and I hated that on my old block phase 90.

Bluesky: This replaced my Malekko spring chicken because I wanted a shimmer mode as well.  I get the feeling I would have been happy with my old verbzilla as far as shimmer sounds, but the ability to have regular (spring) and shimmer with the fav switch was awesome!  Many great sounds, although I'm not much of a reverb guy.  Only complaint is that there is no spill between favourite and normal, so when you go from big oct sounds back to normal, there is a massive sudden stop.

Feel free to ask any more questions! Next up is a high gain pedal, then a DiamondCompJr, NanoPog and Source Audio Nemasis, but non are out yet (which is great because I'm nearly broke after this haha)

Btw @gassage, this is what colour looks like :)

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
    HNPsD!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11903
    You have good taste!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• joeyowen said:

True.  When I look at Gassage's board I start to understand how my Labrador sees the world.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mmmm all sound great!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    edited February 2015
    So, let's just look at this....

The Gass wakes up feeling like crap, partly because of wathcing Australia/NZ's amazing match last night. You tag him in a thread...his eyes are bleary, and wakes up to THIS cornucopia of brazen colour?!? Reported to Mods.

Love the Phase 90 and POT by the way- not a fan of Strymon but they are good for many things and don't know the Fuzz only by reputation

By the way- epic epic cricket match for those unaware.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Haha I imagine your response to be similar to a vampire and crucifix.

Love you board too, consider this the monster raving looney party compared to your communism
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    Hehehe- you'd be surprised but actually I didn't really plan it this way and I'm just conforming to stereotype for humour purposes...!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    The Prince of Tone has got me interested. Is it based on the Bluesbreaker?
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

joeyowen said:

True.  When I look at Gassage's board I start to understand how my Labrador sees the world.

Is it a tone hound?

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

IMO the script P90 is just a bit nicer all round as a phaser than the block. Given the choice I'd have the script. I have both.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Hooray for the best fuzz pedal in the world! :)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    Nice :D

The bypass on the older versions of that phase 90 is half-assed. So depending on when/where you got it it still might have crappy bypass.