NPD - MoogerFooger

What's Hot
thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
This pedal is astonishing… it's an instrument by itself. I see more of these in my future!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• very jealous, great purchase sir
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you @meltedbuzzbox. Did you sell your blue Jag yet?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I put the staytrem back on it and I really like it again.
    I found the mastery bridge spoiled the way it played.

Have you shifted your cobain Jag?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • As good is it is, I think the ring modulator is better. I knew what the Moog delay would bring and it delivers. The ring modulator turned out to be far more versatile than I thought and turned out to be one of my favourite pedals of 2014. 

Ring mod in the loop of a suitable delay screwing with the repeats = win. 

• @heartfeltdawn you need to try the Fairfield Randys Revenge
  • @meltedbuzzbox - Good for you man, it's a lovely looking thing. Cobain is still here, but never mind… might keep it and use it for summer festival season with my chili's band.

@Heartfeltdawn - I am going to get my hands on some more of these things, this is just a treat for the ears.

Thanks @GavHaus. You loving your new Fairfield acquisitions then?
  • Oh ay. Triffik stuff. Congrats on your 104. Used ones loads in studio with Minnaars - always the day the rest of the band cleared off and left me to indulge. Would love one myself.
  • Excellent stuff :-) 

Yeah, it's an instrument in itself. Must. Get. More.
  • I would love an all moog board but I would need Gassage levels of monies
  • Gassage levels of monies all round!
  • @GavHaus One day. Next year. Plug in year this year. Speaking of which, the Melda Granular Delay plug is still fucking astounding and their Rotary plug likewise. 

@thisisguitar I've had the analog delay, cluster flux, Murf, and Freq Box alongside the ring modulator and the ring mod just blew everything else away. Some of the pedals felt more for sequenced work whereas the ring mod fitted better with guitar stuff. It's on a whole different level to stuff like the EHX Ring Thing.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @heartfeltdawn I'm pretty confident our producer uses that
  • I think I am with you on the ring mod. It does some real nice tremolo sounds and some bonkers stuff too. 
    The clusterflux is cool but I would rather save £100+ and get the ring mod which offers more in my opinion. 
  • honorable mention for the lovetone ring stinger if you are talking ring mods too. 

• FazerFazer Frets: 467

@thisisguitar I've had the analog delay, cluster flux, Murf, and Freq Box alongside the ring modulator and the ring mod just blew everything else away. Some of the pedals felt more for sequenced work whereas the ring mod fitted better with guitar stuff. It's on a whole different level to stuff like the EHX Ring Thing.
    how does it compare to the randys revenge?
  • @meltedbuzzbox never used a Ring Stinger, the price of them generally prohibits it. Restricted as I am to Youtube demos, it seems pretty wild. 

@Fazer. No idea! Never used the RR. Aside from the Ring Thing and the Moog, I've had the Frostwave ring mod, Frequency Analyzer, CoPilot Android. Moog all the way. 

• I must admit, I do fancy the Randys Revenge...
  • Tasty!