Trainwreck Rocket clone

What's Hot
ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
just noticed this on ebay
it's in Eastern Europe, but ebay should cover any risks that might exist, I bought a Fuchs from Lithuania once
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• diodibuhdiodibuh Frets: 5

Hi

just noticed this thread. I'm the seller of this amp and I really wonder what makes you doubt about seller in "Eastern Europe"? We're members of EU comunity for several years, are we less people than UK guys? If I'm not from UK - this means I'm not trustable?

Sorry about that but I'm really pissed when I see such comments.

Srecko

http://www.highendguitars.eu

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
    It's a sad fact that Eastern Europe has a bad reputation for scams: http://www.scambusters.org/ebayscams.html ;

The further a purchase made is from home, and the more foreign the country, the less comfortable people are when buying over the internet. Many people on here will simply send money within the UK, to people they have not met, as I have done many times, but I doubt anyone would to other countries, particularly ones they know little about.

I've pointed out that ebay guarantees mean it's fine to buy from Eastern Europe if you use ebay the normal way, and I've stated that I've done this myself

EU or not, many in the UK would be wary of buying from Eastern Europe, so I apologize if that offends you, I'm just addressing that prevailing opinion. I put the link here to encourage people to buy from you, and to say I would be comfortable buying from you

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

I have trade experience from all over the world and believe it or not, two bad: one from Italy and second form UK. So I think the problem is in person, not in nationality.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    diodibuh said:

Hi

just noticed this thread. I'm the seller of this amp and I really wonder what makes you doubt about seller in "Eastern Europe"? We're members of EU comunity for several years, are we less people than UK guys? If I'm not from UK - this means I'm not trustable?

Sorry about that but I'm really pissed when I see such comments.

Srecko

http://www.highendguitars.eu

Hi Srecko and welcome to the forum, not quite an ideal I can vouch for Srecko 100%. Bought from him, sold to him, and been over to visit too, he's a great bloke. It's awful that certain countries seem to get a bad reputation, but the media is to blame for a lot of this, UK TV seems to have a documentary about Romanian pickpockets on every week (Srecko is Slovenian). There are a lot of good people out there and you should use your judgement and speak to them and decide. I sent a les Paul and a £1000 to the US with no guarantees and it all worked out fine
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30317
    Yes, I find it strange that Eastern Europeans are demonised as scammers and yet people don't hesitate sending money to the US which doesn't have the best reputation for honesty: organised crime, computer fraud, gun crime, corruption, the list goes on...

Hi John, amazing, you're everywhere ;) Long time no hear from u. Yes, I think that buyer should establish a trust relationship to seller even if he's from Eastern Europe ;)

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    Well I bought from Nik in Malaysia well before his reputation was what it is now.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
    hywelg said:
    Well I bought from Nik in Malaysia well before his reputation was what it is now.

yes, I bought 3 at once from him in 2010
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @diodibuh - If it is any consolation, there are even people who don't trust Gregs Guitars or Thomann! Anyway, when visiting your site the ad for the Fibernare Erotic made me laugh :)) What is the story behind that design?
    http://www.highendguitars.eu/?page_id=180

It's Fibenare Erotic ;)

http://www.fibenare-guitars.com/category/products/erotic/

I have also one, custom made with piezzo and I make around 99% recordings in my studio with that guitar (and I have many many other very good guitars in my studio). Don't laugh, it's piece of art. Just check Fibenare web page.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I stand corrected. :) It made me laugh in a good way. They look and sound very high quality.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    diodibuh said:

Hi John, amazing, you're everywhere ;) Long time no hear from u. Yes, I think that buyer should establish a trust relationship to seller even if he's from Eastern Europe ;)

I think generally musos are good guys ;). Hope you're keeping OK. Catch up soon