Boss Waza craft

What's Hot
agibboagibbo Frets: 102
Has anyone tried any of the Boss Waza craft pedals? Stupid name, but the idea behind them sounds promising!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    someone is selling one in the classifieds... they might be able to shed more light?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited March 2015
    If Wayne Rooney has anything to do with em I'm out. Would like to try the delay though......
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I have the Blues Driver, standard mode is like a standard pedal. The custom mode is pretty much the Analogman mod.. I like it.

Fancy trying the Delay as well.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72562
    Stupid name, yes. The switch logo thing looks hideous. I'm not keen on the pandering-to-snobbery 'Inspected in Japan' sticker either… as if Taiwanese inspectors can't do a good job.

Hopefully they sound better than they look.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    The marketing dept at BOSS weren't having their best day...........

Having said that £129 for a DM-2 looks good value to me.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24846
    Does anyone know how 'authentic' the circuits are? I'm assuming the DM-2 for example, can't be built around the chip used in the original, as I'm guessing it was discontinued ages ago?

In other words, are they essentially modern circuits which sound similar to the old ones?
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 911
    Pete24v said:
    I have the Blues Driver, standard mode is like a standard pedal. The custom mode is pretty much the Analogman mod.. I like it.

Fancy trying the Delay as well.
    Does the standard mode still have the fizzy sound when picking individual strings at lower gain like the original has? If so does the custom mode fix it?

My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    I can't say I've noticed any fizz, just big warm drive on the custom mode and thinner with more high end on the standard side
    This demo pretty much sums it up

• agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I currently own a Monte Allums Blues Driver...bought from this very forum. I really like this pedal, but I'm guessing there would be no point owning the Waza craft version too.
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    The delay STILL isn't actually available yet - almost a year since they announced it .
    Every retailer advertising them as "pre order" in the UK keeps continually putting the estimated delivery date back a month, every month.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Pre order from Anderton's. You should get a HUGE 5% discount. With the money you save you could buy yourself a bar of chocolate or a newspaper!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras;543418" said:
    Pre order from Anderton's. You should get a HUGE 5% discount. With the money you save you could buy yourself a bar of chocolate or a newspaper!
    =))
  • ICBM said:
    'Inspected in Japan' sticker either… as if Taiwanese inspectors can't do a good job.

I bet Blair wishes he didn't OK those cheaper Taiwanese guys who were charged with looking for Iraq's WMDs now.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I was at the Boss stand on the weekend at the guitar show, and I asked one of the reps, why include the old mode if the new one is so much better?

He jokingly said, how else are they supposed to hear the improvement? Which was followed by a very short, serious look haha!

The demos all sound good, but they are produced in such a way to make annnyy pedal sound good. I can't see myself buying one soon, i still feel there will be better out there
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joeyowen;544444" said:
    I was at the Boss stand on the weekend at the guitar show, and I asked one of the reps, why include the old mode if the new one is so much better?

He jokingly said, how else are they supposed to hear the improvement? Which was followed by a very short, serious look haha!

The demos all sound good, but they are produced in such a way to make annnyy pedal sound good. I can't see myself buying one soon, i still feel there will be better out there
    did they have the DM2 ?
    And did the rep say when they would be available?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    slate said:
    joeyowen;544444" said:

did they have the DM2 ?
    And did the rep say when they would be available?
    In a display case, and 'soon'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited March 2015
    The new one does sound better to me, original mode is essential to please the purists I suppose 

e;  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72562
    The original sounds much better to me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
    The original mode sounds fine and close enough to me the custom mode seems to distort/colour the tails too much for my liking.