Tone Talk . Chasing tone, clone talk.

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
Is it just me or is this really, really awful. Brian Wampler has some interesting things to say but the two guys with him just won't let him...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    If you took all the shit out of that it would have only lasted 3 minutes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Brian Wampler is a really interesting and cool guy.

Skipped to the interesting bits.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    TheCount said:
    If you took all the shit out of that it would have only lasted 3 minutes
    yup

I couldn't listen to it all. I am sure Wampler could of shared a lot of interesting info but the chuckle brothers just killed it
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    This program really made me sad, I tried to watch a few, but the inane banter is just overkill, such a shame. It's like trying to follow a channel switcher :(
    BW knows his stuff, it is a shame as he no doubt has a lot of interesting things to say. 

This seems typical of the style of US interviewing, it's more about the interviewer than the person being interviewed.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    TheCount said:
    BW knows his stuff, it is a shame as he no doubt has a lot of interesting things to say. 

This seems typical of the style of US interviewing, it's more about the interviewer than the person being interviewed.

We do get that over here as well. Clarkson, Ross, Graham Norton etc

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27177
    I would really like someone to edit that to just the bits with BW talking. 

I don't mind interviewer-heavy stuff when the interviewer is intelligent and/or entertaining. Neither of these qualities are apparently in either of these chaps...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27177
    I would really like someone to edit that to just the bits with BW talking. 

I don't mind interviewer-heavy stuff when the interviewer is intelligent and/or entertaining. Neither of these qualities are apparently in either of these chaps...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    TheCount said:

We do get that over here as well. Clarkson, Ross, Graham Norton etc

Probably get worse too. What is the saying? America sneezes, England gets a cold.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I wish they the middle bloke would stop interrupting BW. That's my main gripe.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited March 2015
    I like Wampler pedals I have a couple. BW is a top chap with a great company with great service. This is a marketing exercise guys chatting shit about gear music bands. Take it for what it is and go and buy a Plexidrive !