4 x 12 Marshall cabinet IDing

imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3779
edited March 2015 in Amps
Does anybody know if this is a genuine Marshall 4 x 12 or a homemade/cheapo with a logo stuck on?  I can't find anything to match it online.  It's obviously quite new.

Apparently an M412B but I've never seen one like this.

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Difficult to tell from that. A picture of the back would help.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72635
    I cant see the pic very clearly on my phone but it certainly has an odd combination of features - the corner protectors and logo shouldn't really be on the same cab since they're from different eras so it isn't a reissue. (Unless one or other are not original.) I'm not sure if they've done anything 'modern' recently with that spec.

It looks nice though - from what I can see it looks well-made, not a cheap one at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Apparently an M412B but I've never seen one like this.

My band, Red For Dissent
    Looks like it must be some sort of special edition, or the grille has been changed. The union flag sticker makes me think the first, although it might be possible to pull one off something else... and I'm not sure it should legitimately be on a cab made in Vietnam!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hmm...just trying to assess its resale value.

My band, Red For Dissent
    Interesting. Part of the MA series. The amps were shocking (although marginally better than the mode 4). Unless it was a custom order/ limited run it's had a new grill cloth and logo. If it's cheap enough could be a decent buy. Eminence speakers etc. 
  • Any idea of what it might be worth?

My band, Red For Dissent
    Worth what you wanna pay for it. Quick search says they were £275 new so £120? I only paid that though for a 1960TV which is arguably a far better enclosure.
  • That's about what I thought. Problem is, finding a buyer near where I live!

My band, Red For Dissent
    Where do you live?

• Carlisle, Cumbria.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Could possibly meet down South Cumbria/Lancaster.

My band, Red For Dissent
    OK, probably a bit far for me. Wasn't interested myself, just thought I might know someone in the market for it.

Now I can see it at home on my computer I'm almost certain the grille is changed, the piping along the top edge isn't neat enough for a factory job. Nice logo though.

• That's a shame! :( thanks anyway for the info.

My band, Red For Dissent