New instrument - The Artiphon

DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517

I really like the idea of it but it needs an iDevice or a MIDI package to get any sound out of it. Still cool though!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Interesting. The violin sounds like an 80's Casio though, they'll need to sort that out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Its more of an interface than an instrument, but novel concept, and would be great in the studio.
  • Better vid here 

Seems to me its the same idea as all controllers or midi guitars  which have gone befor which are always brilliant in anybody else's hand except mine! 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    When I saw pendulum live they were using a similar concept instrument to play synth leads but that was a few years ago.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited March 2015
    Lots about the first video makes me want to hate it, but it looks very cool. Thought for a bit that the wood version in the SOS video is a prototype and they've dropped it for production, but I see in the kickstarter they're doing a wooden one as a premium edition and the plastic at about $400 (with $50 off for the kickstarter, which has met its target). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/artiphon/introducing-the-artiphon-instrument-1

Seems to me its the same idea as all controllers or midi guitars  which have gone befor which are always brilliant in anybody else's hand except mine! 
    The nice thing is it looks like it can be used in multiple ways, so if you want a keyboard or a pad it'll do that. The first video also looks like there's a bowed instrument mode, which I don't think I've seen on midi instruments (but it's not something I spend a whole lot of time looking at.)