NPD - Empress x 2

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7827
    So, the Empress Red Distortion is now the best drive pedal I have had. The only thing is I want all three switch options available via my foot.. this thing is epic and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a drive.

Currently I am liking it on Crunch, then using either my soul food or the Lunar Module clone to add some bite and push it. 

@meltedbuzzbox Can you tell me more about the multi drive.. are the three pedals foot switchable or do you sculpt one sound with it and then leave it on?

I am thinking I could have my red on crunch, the multidrive then giving me mild as well as od and fuzz... would reduce my drive content to two pedals instead of 4...

SH available to me.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Glad you are liking it. I love my multidrive

Unfortunately the multidrive doesnt let you have all 3 pedals independently.
    You have 2 modes, you can run them as a combination or individually. The settings are what you have in place on the pedal. 

I have mode 1 as Distortion (lead) and mode 2 as fuzz. I was running all 3 at one point... I think I had a low pass filter on the distortion, high pass fuzz and normal overdrive. Its weird hearing all three independently 
    You do get additional eq settings on the multidrive (Mid range selector, master treble, mids and bass) and a master volume
    Everything comes with a high pass/normal/low pass switch as well. 

I am using a Nobels ODR-S for my overdrive and the multidrive for my drives 

I personally love it but I am guessing you might want more options?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Not really more options, I was just wondering how the thing worked as I could see three sounds - but mention of only 2 presets..

so you can pick can use the modes as single pedals or as a combination, I am thinking this might be a pedal better tried before buying..
    I guess the idea is you create two sounds you want and then switch between them..

Might be better to wait and get the fuzz seperatley at a later date Will watch the auction though as it's only about 70GBP at the mo..
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    if you can land it for £100 I would without hesitation. Hell I would have 2 on my board as I think it is that good. 

You take off the back panel and you have some jumper switches which engage pedal X,Y,Z on each preset.
    Pretty straight forward. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    well, I am tempted if the price doesn't increase too much as the red is extremely good.... 

Damn Empress, damn them!