Warmoth UK Equivalent?

What's Hot
Now then,

I'm just wondering if any of you are aware of something similar to Warmoth in the UK? I have a Warmoth tele and it's excellent. I would like the strat equivilent, just body and neck. Hardware is already sorted!

It's impossible to say if you have a good guitar until it arrives and you've pieced it together. I could order the parts and it be an absolute pig. The body and neck not working well together or just doesn't have the feel you want. It's just the buying blind experience!

However, I really like the features on the Warmoth website and it gives me a pretty decent idea of what I'm getting. For example, photo's of the actual body/neck you're ordering and more importantly for me, weight. I would be looking for something around the 4lb mark for a body. Could any UK builders offer that service?

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Shape=1&Type=81&Paint=1&Path=Stratocaster,Vintage,Finished

I'm also a fan of Warmoth necks. However, I'm sure that's something that could be matched in the UK.

It's an obvious risk doing this however I look at it, it's whether I'm willing to pay £80 (ish) to import the parts from the US for the privilage of using their website when what I might order could be a pig. The same thing could of course happen here in the UK but at least I'd be £80 better off (+ economy blah blah blah).

Discuss... 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I wish. NorthWest guitars do a custom service, but they get them made in Korea and can take months to arrive. Other than that, I'd have a chat to one of the luthier types on here 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    Crimson guitars also offer bodies and necks made to order here.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• RolandRoland Frets: 9125
    While researching my Tele project I came across this guy: http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/2011/05/01/building-a-saga-tc-10-part-1-preparation/ . He uses SAGA kits (whoever they are), and has also used bodies from http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    @hobbio said:
    Crimson guitars also offer bodies and necks made to order here.
    New one on me - they look a good one to know :)

They're not cheap but the quality will be there. I've got some of their handmade tools and they're all really high quality.

• Guitarbuild do bodies and necks now :)
  • hobbio said:
    They're not cheap but the quality will be there. I've got some of their handmade tools and they're all really high quality.
    I've seen the videos of Crimson guitars. I will have a look and research a bit more. Not sure they would be able to do me neck though.

I want it to look as traditional and Fenderish as possible (without the logo). I know the solution of this is 'buy a Fender then!' As I've got the hardware sorted though I'm a bit reluctant to do that!
    Yeah, I don't think they'll do a direct Fender copy headstock but you could probably spec something close.

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7342
    tFB Trader
    Roland;552663" said:
    While researching my Tele project I came across this guy: http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/2011/05/01/building-a-saga-tc-10-part-1-preparation/ . He uses SAGA kits (whoever they are), and has also used bodies from http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk
    The SAGA kits were a long time ago.

The guitarbuild stuff is very good though.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32376
    Don't Fender sell necks here these days, through Strings Direct or someone like that?
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited March 2015
    I got a nice neck from @GSPBASSES cheaper than I could from Warmoth.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, @GSPbasses would be my first port of call too - better than Warmoth quality.

GuitarBuild bodies are excellent though - didn't know they did necks @ThePrettyDamned - off to have a shufty :)

• JookyChap;552700" said:
    Yeah, @GSPbasses would be my first port of call too - better than Warmoth quality.

GuitarBuild bodies are excellent though - didn't know they did necks @ThePrettyDamned - off to have a shufty :)
    To be honest, I love the bodies but the necks are not cheap - which is fine, they need money. But I know exactly where I stand with Graham and his astonishingly beautiful work, so he's still going to be my number one go to guy.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Didnt GSPbasses suggest he wouldn't dealing with individuals and private buyers anymore? Or did I make that up?
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

Oh the irony !

I was going to ask GSPbasses for a quote to build a replacement strat neck for my USA standard.

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    Some great links on here I wasn't aware off. Any idea where to get a quartersawn neck from for a tele?
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited March 2015
    My strat neck from gsp was quartersawn
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 729
    My strat neck from gsp was quartersawn

n Thanks mate. Though it looks like he may not be doing them now? :( (Judging from above comments and others I read on here)
  • Idk. It was only a few months ago I got mine but idk if he took a charge of direction. PM him.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2396
    edited March 2015 tFB Trader
    Your right I not taking commissions apart from my trade customers. But I will make the occasional neck for members on the forum. You can always message me through the forum I'll be glad to quote and a give approximate delivery date, do you remember all my necks are built by me from scratch so the delivery time is normally 2 to 3 weeks or more depending on the amount of custom work I have at the time. I do not apply a finish to the necks apart from Maple fingerboards that have a oil finish applied before the neck is fretted.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom