What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    bertie said:

N-Power are evil, avoid at all costs. 
    why ?    examples please
    They are ranked lowest for customer service by Which and that's for all brands not just power companies!
    They offer low fixed deals and then when they end if you forget to renew them put you on a stupidly high tariff (which I think they got in trouble for as some point) 
    They also got done for the contract swindling thing mentioned earlier in the thread. 
    Also if you care I think they dodge paying UK corporation tax. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578

They are ranked lowest for customer service by Which and that's for all brands not just power companies!
    They offer low fixed deals and then when they end if you forget to renew them put you on a stupidly high tariff (which I think they got in trouble for as some point) 
    They also got done for the contract swindling thing mentioned earlier in the thread. 
    OK, I see

1. hopefully not key issue for me - (let hope there's no word eating   :D  )
    2. again not a problem, they are one of the few companies that offer a good longer term fixed rate with £0 early exit (2017)
    3. not a problem if you actually chose to move to them.............
    4. dont care
    5.  I kind of trust Martin Lewis judgment above most things when it comes to saving ££
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    edited October 2013 tFB Trader
    bertie said:

OK, I see

1. hopefully not key issue for me - (let hope there's no word eating   :D  )
    2. again not a problem, they are one of the few companies that offer a good longer term fixed rate with £0 early exit (2017)
    3. not a problem if you actually chose to move to them.............
    4. dont care
    5.  I kind of trust Martin Lewis judgment above most things when it comes to saving ££
    Fair enough, they are the cheapest which is how they get away with being shit.

They were such total shits when I was with them that I don't care how cheap they are, they will never get another penny from me. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    every penny counts these days,   I just hope they never fuck up any billing so I have no need to call them  :D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    It's like anything really. All the time there's a steady state, then it's all fine. As soon as you change, move, want something out of the ordinary, or some kind of service that's different, they can't cope. I'm with Talk Talk for Internet, but despite their dreadful customer service ratings, have had no problem with them. god only knows what I'll face when I decide to change ISP, though!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    I'm with Ovo as they are usually close to the cheapest and have various policies about not being arseholes. (They came top on the Which survey IIRC)

N-Power are evil, avoid at all costs. 
    Based on your recommendation I've just converted over to Ovo.
    Should save £250 p.a. based on current usage.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    edited October 2013
    I'm with E.on - mostly because Our Maud works for 'em so Customer Service won't ever be a problem! 

We have dual fuel and pay by Direct Debit, which currently gets us 6% discount, plus we get £42 "reward" for Direct Debit / Dual Fuel / 3 years loyalty.  Fixed for 24 months with a £20 cancellation fee.  

I think, as previous posters have pointed out, they are all much of a muchness, to the point where it's probably not worth the hassle of changing.