Bit of Advice regarding a 'driving related incident'

What's Hot
ash96ash96 Frets: 61
Right I'll keep it Brief!

Basically I'm driving down the road, one I always drive down, cars always park either side as there's a school nearby, womans indicating to come out, but waiting for a gap, I'm minding my own business, then she tries to get out in front of me and obviously there isn't space.

I slam my brakes on and swerve round her, give her a bit of a stare but nothing major and carry on up the road. As we stop in traffic she starts taking pictures of my license plate. As I feel this isn't my fault, I get my passenger to get out and do the same of her car just so I have it if I need it.

She then changes indication waits till traffic stops and has a go at me saying I was driving too fast and everyone saw it (I wasn't), maybe I wasn't expecting her to pull out so maybe broke later. 

Nothing can happen from this right? There was no collision, no accident, she pulled out onto the main road that I was travelling down? I just can't be bothered with hassle from her trying to report something as she's convinced herself it was my fault (probably to avoid embarrassment).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited March 2015
    If she tries to complain to the police, they will ask her about the circumstances, and if she answers truthfully they will politely suggest to her that she drops the subject. If she tries to make more of it than truth allows, the chances are they will see through it and give her the same answer. They don't need the hassle especially if the law was not broken and nobody was hurt.

EDIT

If she's insistent, then they will have to come and see you. They are likely to frame their questions such as to lead you to give an answer which establishes your innocence. They did that with me once when someone complained about me.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    You will be fine. Don't give it a second thought.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    I'm pretty sure that if you were on the main road and she was coming onto it then she doesn't have a case of any kind unless she can prove you were driving dangerously and has a witness willing to say so if it goes to court. Good luck with that. The police won't be interested in wasting their time on it otherwise.

The same sort of thing happened to me many years ago, and *I* went and reported it at the police station in case she did without them hearing my side of the story - they told me they had noted the details but not to expect any further action, and none ever occurred. I got the distinct impression they couldn't care less.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27610
    ash96 said:
    I get my passenger 
    So, you have a witness, in the very unlikely event that anything ever came of it.

That said, one time that I got pulled over (many, many years ago), wound the window down, Mr Traffic Policeman said ... "you were going a bit fast there, sir" and my passenger seat passenger sat there nodding his head in agreement.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    It would be interesting if she admits to using a camera phone whilst in charge of a vehicle to the police...

It's a nothing event and no offence was committed. It would be a massive waste of police time if they were to investigate nothing!

As an anecdote - about twenty years ago when we were teenagers my mate showed his arse out the back window of another mates car.

It happened to be an old lady behind who noted his reg plate and later called the police as she was 'deeply distressed' the old bill rang the car owning mate up and had words!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24351
    This is why I always record all of my journeys on my dash-mounted phone using this:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dailyroads.v&hl=en_GB

...and if anything exciting ever happens (asteroid, alien attack, naked woman dancing on the hard shoulder), I can flog the footage to the highest bidder !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    She's probably just being passive aggressive.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Do a search of your registration on Twitter as she may be one of these people who uploads pictures and registrations of "bad drivers".
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    She's probably just being passive aggressive.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Do a search of your registration on Twitter as she may be one of these people who uploads pictures and registrations of "bad drivers".
    Those people are assholes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    ICBM;554304" said:

The same sort of thing happened to me many years ago, and *I* went and reported it at the police station in case she did without them hearing my side of the story - they told me they had noted the details but not to expect any further action, and none ever occurred. I got the distinct impression they couldn't care less.
    This is what I was thinking, whether it would be worth saying something first just incase she did say something then I could at least have my part heard. Sure it's all good though, I wouldn't have thought of reporting her to the police as for me 'it's just one of those things', but at the same time, I'd be pissed of if she did.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    was she cute?

Maybe she planned to track you down and ask you out? ;-

serious answer -  I wouldn't give it a second thought, she's just being weird and trying make a point in a pathetic way.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited March 2015

My best advice would be just keep your head down, do your time as quietly as you can, stay away from drugs, try not to join a prison gang, don't snitch on anyone and if anyone asks tell them you're in for armed robbery and assaulting a copper.  It may also be worth thinking about what homemade tattoos you'd like.

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/203300/resized_confucius-says-meme-generator-confucius-say-you-go-to-jail-bad-boy-bf4d2a.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    edited March 2015
    No case to answer to, you should have hit her it would have then been her fault :)

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    I had a woman in a car pull out in front of me from a T-junction last week while I was cycling home from work resulting in her nearly knocking me off.She then proceeds to start beeping her horn,waving her arms about and pointing at me is if it was my fault.

Is it possible for a woman to be a bellend?
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    You should have head butted her in the nose and then taken her photo
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited March 2015

Well, I won't say what I would have done. 

I've had people coming towards me head on, on my side of the road waving me out the way.

People are nuts.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    Very worse that can happen is the police take her report seriously enough to give you(r car) a section 59.

(And yes, I was as surprised as anyone else to hear that they would do it on someone else's say-so).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Photos and saying you were 'going a bit fast' are not evidence of speeding. Even if she went to the police I'm pretty sure they'd tell to go away. Don't worry about it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    A section 59 does not need any physical evidence. (It's a despicable bit of legislation.)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited March 2015

Yeah better not expose the local police and councillors as bunch of paedos otherwise they'll Section 59 yer.

I have pitchforks for sale.  £15 each.

M4 military spec rifle for £1400.

No I'm joking you damn paedo councillors.

Or am I???

Bring on the war, you'll never take me alive anyway.

Damn paedo councillors.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    The only crime you committed was using the words "license plate". We don't have them in this country, we have number plates.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom