SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 2009 Gibson Custom Shop 335 Cherry

What's Hot
Hi Guys,

I've got a serious bout of GAS for a sg so looking to move on my custom shop 335.

Built in 2009, memphis custom shop dot reissue. Gloss finish. Has the COA, original custom shop case, tools and receipt.
Weighs approx 8.2 lbs on my bathroom scales, neck is a medium c profile, not overly skinny but nowhere near as huge as the necks on the 50's Nashville historics.
Overall great condition, no nicks, scratches, dings or chips. Just slight light pick swirling to finish and pickguard. Plating to nickel tailpiece has corroded slightly, as can be seen in the pics below.
Frets are fine, plays really well and has had a recent pro set up.
No mods either, guitar is all stock.

Not looking for trades unless it is a CS or vintage sg.

Looking for £1500 ono and I'm based in Tunbridge Wells Kent.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5077
    Unusual for these to have a medium neck as they're usually slim taper. Could you measure the neck depth front to back at the first and twelfth frets? Calipers or a ruler held sideways gives a decent idea. Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No problem, can upload some further pics/measurements later this evening.

Neck profiles are always subjective, ive stated medium as it's noticeably bigger than my old les Paul classic plus that had a 60's profile but much slimmer than my mates r8.
  • Depth at first fret is approx 21mm and fattens out to 23ish mm at the 12th
  • What do the calipers weigh?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegone;556086" said:
    What do the calipers weigh?
    ;)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5077
    Depth at first fret is approx 21mm and fattens out to 23ish mm at the 12th
    Cheers, nice guitar.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    I have the exact same guitar also a 2009 and its on my never ever sell will buried with me list.

GLWS
  • Cheers mate, it's a beautiful guitar but I find 335's a bit unwieldy and that Elliott Easton sg at coda has sparked mega gas
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I don't want to be the party pooper, but have you every played an SG with a vibrola thingy?  You are possibly looking at lots of tuning issues, and it can also impact on tone and sustain.  This was my experience, at least - please do try it out thoroughly first and be absolutely sure it's going to work for you.

Best of luck.  I'm honestly not trying to pee on your battery here.  Just saying try it out first and make sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting, I've only owned hardtail gibsons never played a vibrola loaded one.

I always prefer playing a guitar before dropping serious wedge so if it's not for me I'll just have to settle for a regular white custom ;)
  • Bump
  • Bump still available
  • Hey man, just saw the post, wondered if the guitar was still around?
  • Hello mate, long gone I'm afraid