BT Contract

What's Hot
SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

So I got my broadband phone line installed at the start of October for an unlimited broadband contract. 

I paid the 12 months line rental in one hit.  I'm pretty sure the deal was £7.50 a month, At least for the first 6 months.

So first Direct Debit is £7.48, exactly one month after the line was installed.

The second £8, the third £8, fourth £8, then the fifth £10.58.

They also got my email wrong, so I never got sent any information of the Terms and Conditions of contract. All I got was a text telling me the account was active and a Direct Debit Mandate in the post with an account number.

So if I don't know what the hell I've signed up to, then surely I haven't had 30 days notice not to object to a price increase (Apparently prices went up in October last year and they sent an email to customers) and move to another provider.

I asked the women to change me email as they have a wrong one (India speakers can't understand my accent) and sent me the T&C. 

Nothing.

I wouldn't overly object to a price increase as no other provider available, but I sure as hell want to know about it.

They also lied about BT Sport too.  But I don't give two shits about that.  It's more the fact that next month's DD could be £200 and I wouldn't have a fucking clue about it.

So what should I do now?  I can't get an online account as my email nor my number are recognised, as I was never sent any information from BT on the email.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    cancel the direct debit at your bank. it will attract BT's attention like nothing else will. then you can talk about it with someone who speaks english.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I've been thinking, if it was £12 a month thereafter the 6 months or whatever, they might be randomly splitting the DD payments?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2090
    When I had trouble with BT Infinity, I jumped on the forum, within a few days I was contacted, an engineer came out and sorted it, I was quite amazed actually.

Not quite your issue, but maybe the forum is a route ? 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    I hope this was the actual BT you signed up with… :)

I transferred my broadband to them recently, and not only was the call centre definitely in the UK, they were very helpful. Everything appears to be working fine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

lol.  I think so eh.  At least Open Reach and a BT tech came and fitted the line.  Maybe I called up BZ by mistake.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    The Direct Debit thing allows them to take unspecified amounts as and when they decide to, if I remember rightly. But I think they must tell you if there's a change.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72619
    What call centre number did they give you by the way? The one I have is 0800 800150, and that definitely goes through to somewhere in the UK judging by the accents!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I called the mobile number, but yeah that is the number I have.  Actually decided to speak online live and typed with someone with a very exotic, foreign name, so probably based in the UK then.  Much harder to avoid dropping in random rude words when you are typing live.

Either way, they didn't do what I needed doing.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12421
    edited March 2015
    We had a problem with the NowTv box last night and I ended up having a live chat with their help desk. My assistant was called "Lavish". I had visions of a really camp guy, dressed in a leopard skin, lying on velvet cushions while drinking champagne and eating chocolates.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It is bizarrely surreal chatting live online definitely.