Is anyone going to see Joe Bonnamassa?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• cruxiform said:
    I'm going to see him on Friday. I last saw Bonamassa play at Sutton Football Club years ago, he was great. I like his music and his playing. If people don't like him then it's of no concern to me, there's plenty of artists mentioned on this forum I don't like too.

Pardon me for saying so, but I think you have misread the mood of both the original post and the majority of people posting on this thread. It hasn't been, generally speaking, a dig at Joe or his music, rather a question about his current marketing/ pricing and whether that has damaged his ticket sales. You can be a fan of an artist and still question how they go about their business - For example, it's pretty much impossible to be a Prince fan and NOT fall into that category.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 588

I'd like to go, he was great last time I saw him but I can't really afford it at the mo.  With regards to the ticket prices though, how much of it is JB, how much is the venue cost, how much is the promoter cut, how much is tax.

Cardiff isn't so bad, ground level seating in the back half of the Arena is £40. 

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2649
    Pardon me for saying so, but I think you have misread the mood of both the original post and the majority of people posting on this thread. It hasn't been, generally speaking, a dig at Joe or his music, rather a question about his current marketing/ pricing and whether that has damaged his ticket sales. You can be a fan of an artist and still question how they go about their business - For example, it's pretty much impossible to be a Prince fan and NOT fall into that category.
    No worries, I did a little. Getting back on topic, I paid £70 for my ticket.  A bit steep for my liking but it's a night out with an old mate who I haven't seen for nearly a year so worth it for that alone. Burritos and beer beforehand :) My mate booked it in November and said they were selling out at the time.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited March 2015
    @cruxiform

like I said have a good one. The fact you're going with a mate to hear music you enjoy makes it all the better.

I suppose if we look at the pricing another way, you could easily spend that much watching a Premier League game and feel like you haven't been entertained or got VFM.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2649
    Skarloey said:
    I suppose if we look at the pricing another way, you could easily spend that much watching a Premier League game and feel like you haven't been entertained or got VFM.
    I support Crystal Palace, you get used to it :D