NCD - Hiwatt 70's goodness...

AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 857
edited March 2015 in Amps
Well just bought a really nice 74 Hiwatt se4123. Shall be receiving it on Monday, don't really need it but as I had a 71 before and had to sell it so I saw this one pop up and that's that! For anyone who hasn't had the luck of playing through one, they truly are something special. Built like tanks, weigh about the same and have the same destructive capability! Shame I sold my 70's Dr103's but they too will be replaced :) Original fanes still in it with the purple covers et all! Nice score :) I'm happy but my neighbours will hate me (even more).,
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I love my hiwatt :-D

welcome back to the fold
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    me too.
  • It's actually a 78 cab with the supposedly ultra rare 125161 speakers which were only made for about 4 months apparently. Only had a quick spin with it and the Slx the other day and mightily impressed. I believe they're 25 watt fanes so maybe they might Rock bells when I cane the marshall! I'll know more next week when the Mrs goes on holidays lol
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life