Kickstarter Thing - The Fat Bastard Diet Book

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seems as good as anywhere, so here we go. As a fair few peeps on here know, I had a bit of a year last year,  details of which are far too boring to mention, but the upshot was that I'm not really in guitar making mode, or even playing (I'm re-learning at the moment, which to be fair shouldn't take long as I was shit anyway).

While things get back to normal though, I thought I'd have some fun with the day job and write some books and start a little micro-brewer of a publishing company, and raise a few bob for a couple of charidees. Over the next year then, there will be a few odd books popping up, with the first of these being aimed at the what-the-fuck-do-I-buy-that's-funny-on-Xmas-Eve market.

This is called The Fat Bastard Diet Book, by a rather large (imaginary) German American - Dr Dieter Bloater III.

Obviously it is a pisstake, but I've got high hopes Waterstones will pile it high and all that. Anyway, to start it off I figured a wee Kickstarter campaign would be as good as anything else - the book will happen anyway, but it is a chance to flog a few copies up front and generally spread the word.

Oh, and every penny from the book will be donated to Shelter and the MS Society, though I couldn't say that on the Kickstarter page as you have to pretend to be a breadhead. 

So if you are likely to be stuck for something for the Fat Bastard in your life, maybe check it out (great for the secret Santa sufferers among you ;-) 

And if you don't want the book but could spread the word in any way, that would be groovy too. 

Though obviously you'll still be a tight arse ;-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    i'll chip in on payday 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    Cool beans!  Good luck, I'm in!

Oli
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Cheers chaps :)

@speshul91 - You don't need to stump up until/unless it makes it's target - even then I think you can change your mind :) 

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I have backed you mate. I hope it happens :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Cheers J. It's taken a lot of research over the years, be a shame to waste it ;)

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    edited March 2015
    "eat less, weigh less" ;-)

edit: bah I need to read what I write
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    "eat less, weight less" ;-)

Man, Spoilers..!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    edited March 2015
    I'm in !

EDIT: Well I would be but Kickstarter won't let me pay at the moment - will try later.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    I'm in !

EDIT: Well I would be but Kickstarter won't let me pay at the moment - will try later.

Cheers @Jalapeno - I think at this stage you just 'pledge' and only get asked to stump up if it makes it's target.

Hmmm still getting "A network error has occurred, and you have not been charged. Please try again."

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Hmmm still getting "A network error has occurred, and you have not been charged. Please try again."
    Gah, I love technology - sponsor forms were so much easier (split orange squash apart)

Just had a look on their FAQs and it says this:

Why am I getting an error message when I try to pledge?

This is likely due to an issue with the card you’re using. Please check that there are no issues with your card details or your bank, or try a different payment method.

Helpful, huh?

edited March 2015
    Tried different cards (and used them elsewhere no problem).

Will try again tomorrow sometime.

Feedback
    @Jalapeno said:
    Tried different cards (and used them elsewhere no problem).

Will try again tomorrow sometime.
    Ah, the super helpful and yet speedy Kickstarter team flew into action and had this to say...

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. This sounds like an issue related to your browser.

I would suggest resetting your web browser by clearing your cache and cookies, and checking for available updates. If the issue persists I would try it in a different web browser altogether, such as Google Chrome.

You can access a list of most recent browser upgrades here: http://browsehappy.com

If you still have trouble, please temporarily disable any Javascript blocking plugins or extensions installed in the browser you are using and try again.

Best,

Katherine

OK, maybe not the most helpful :(

Bingo - it was one of the myriad Javascript bobbins my browser was blocking

Feedback
    Waheyy - cheers Jal :)

A leetle bumpetta as this is going far too well (ahem)