So talk to me about selling your gear, don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    TBH most of my stuff is worth naff all and the stuff that is worth something, I want to keep. I've never sold anything despite not using some of this stuff for decades. I've got a StarForce 8000 guitar with three single coils and a strat style trem in a home made hardcase that is simply gathering dust but if I put it in the classifieds with 'offers' I don't think I'd get a single reply.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm gonna assume yer not married? Get married, that'll sharp hone yer 'getting rid of stuff' skills. Generally starts with the aural toothache of, "Well, do you actually use that.....?"

If I don't use it, and have no good reason for it being in the house, it's gone.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • I used to be more sentimental, and it took a long time for me to sell my first guitar.

But at the end of the day it is just stuff. Stuff is there to make your life better or easier or happier or whatever you want from it. If you think different stuff will improve your life in some way more so than keeping the other stuff then sell old things and buy new things. :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28356
    It's tough. But if you are short of cash or space you just have to man up and do it. I just sold a brilliant bass, Fender custom shop, but it was 5 string and I have made a return to 4 strings. I'm now happy as Larry with a squire bass! And have GAS money in the bank.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2227
    edited March 2015
    I'm guilty of having the worst case of GAS ever, but every now and again I'll group together guitars, amps, pedals etc and chop them in for a big purchase. I must say I have genuinely regretted selling at least one item every time I've done this so don't rush into anything and try and think of the reason you bought it in the first place. If it's a good enough reason you'll know whether you want to sell it or not. I hope for the day my '69 335 comes back to me :-( My £0.02, that is all.