Lapslides

Just wondered if anyone on here had much experience with lapslides, been looking at this model,

http://anderwoodguitars.com/products_ST_Series_weissenborn.php

Looks like good value with a solid mahogany top etc

If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    I can't comment on that model but I've got the AW model which is the one above the ST series. It's really good, sounds lovely and looks great. Good service from the company. I can't see the ST version being much different really, I'd go for it.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I don't have any direct experience with that model either, but I was considering one of their Koa models a while back but never got round to it (I've just stuck with a converted acoustic for now). It's frustrating how little Weissenborn choice there is over here. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12093
    my mate is a semi-pro Weissenborn player,
    he says the Anderwood and Bediaz aren't very good
    Also - cheaper mass-made (Chinese, etc) instruments tend to have narrower bridges and nuts than a "real" one, so are harder to play detailed arrangements

The Bediaz ones come up very cheap on ebay, with various deals

There's an Italian guy who hand-builds them for 1000 Euros, which is looking cheap at the min with the Euro so low
    I have one I'd sell but at present I'd lose out if I tried to compete with his new prices
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Anderwoods turn up on ebay now and then. Around or under £200 even for the best models.  At that price they are good.  At the full new price they are expensive.  Buy a shitty old acoustic and convert it - 12 strings are best because a) they are strong enough to take thicker strings, and b) they are usually cheaper because far fewer people want 12 strings.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    The German "Cuntz" weissenborns are supposed to be very good, as recommended by Martin Harley who is one of the country's premier slide players IMO.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.