Working from home today, which means.....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Cirrus said:
    Best day ever: Wank-breakfast-wank-wank-tv-wank-lunch-wank-wank-wank-shower-wank-shower-shuffle things round so it looks like you worked-wank-sit at desk and wait for others to return home.
    That's kind of my day in the office. I feel a bit conspicuous in the open plan room now though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I used to play guitar most days at lunch, I have a 'quiet' room at my disposal where I keep an electric guitar, an acoustic and a keyboard. I usually play to backing tracks from my laptop or YouTube. Unfortunately work has picked up this year and I have had virtually no lunchbreaks since April!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    A friend did working from home for a year for herself but she had to go back to working for someone else in an office as she ended up sat in her PJs all day and not doing any work.

She said there was no push to do anything that remotely resembled work, and TV was too easy to watch
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    edited October 2013
    Just the one day guys, I had to wait in to meet a contractor. Tbh, I like going into the office, It separates work from home to some extent. It was a novelty to be able to play guitar during my lunch break! Back to normal on Monday :( I'll just have to settle for the FB :)

• RoasterRoaster Frets: 18
    I shirk from home as well, boring as fuck! but i get to get the gear out pretty regularly
  • I'd work from home if I could. Or at least do a few days a week at home, and drive to work for progress & technical reviews.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562

I'd work from home if I could. Or at least do a few days a week at home, and drive to work for progress & technical reviews.

I have the option to do just that, in fact some of my colleagues WFH 95% of the time,  but so far I have avoided it. Perhaps it takes some practice to get used to the discipline, I don't have a permanent study at home and Mrs Roog wouldn't be happy with the amount of paperwork I would need to keep at home. It would certainly save petrol, but probably put up home fuel bills during winter.

Consumption of chocolate biscuits would increase 10 fold!