Fleetwood Mac even the best need help!

What's Hot

Just watching this vid of Fleetwood Mac where Christine Mc Vie comes out and joins them on stage and what struck me was, what looks like a wedge infront of Stevie Nicks is actually a screen  with the words on. If you look closely you can see the words scrolling. Makes a change from the ubiquitous  music stand I  suppose!
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8498
    I think they're quite common in bigger gigs like that with veteran performers. Makes sense really - if you've not played a song for months, perhaps years or decades, and then you only have a short time to practice it... most people are going to struggle. Especially if they've been working on other musical projects in the meantime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I saw an aerial shot of Motley Crue once ages ago, not only did Vince Neil have the teleprompter screen thing but he also had the name of the city (Texas, if I remember correctly) in great big letters across one of the wedges. :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They are incredibly common nowadays, especially for older guys.   I don't reckon Mick had one though - we've all seen how terrible he is with an autocue.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I'd never be able to read a teleprompter with my eyesight.

• Pretty much every band of arena size and above uses them.

I think for most of them it's a safety blanket they probably hardly ever even look at. And for some i dare say it's a status symbol of "hey! Look how far we've come since playing the Flapper, we have our own tourbus and teleprompter now!"

the Flapper

We were never invited back to the flapper :(
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    If you'd done the amount of drugs most major rock stars have over the course of their careers you probably wouldn't be able to remember your old songs either...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I liked the one about Ozzy writing prompts on big bits of card, and having them taped to the wedges, then the dry ice started and he couldn't see them ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Not bad for a 70 year old ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I liked the one about Ozzy writing prompts on big bits of card, and having them taped to the wedges, then the dry ice started and he couldn't see them ...
    I had a similar thing with a floor-based smoke machine, my pedalboard and setlist once. I looked up and the guy controlling it was laughing.
  • I liked the one about Ozzy writing prompts on big bits of card, and having them taped to the wedges, then the dry ice started and he couldn't see them ...
    I thought that was Ian Gillan when he was in Black Sabbath...?

• IanSavage said:
    I've played the Flapper more times than I care to count :/
    To paraphrase an old joke:

"Good evening! They say you only play the Flapper twice - once on the way up and once on the way back down... It's good to be back!"

I thought that was Ian Gillan when he was in Black Sabbath...?

could have been. but for some reason the story was connected by one of my synapses to Ozzy
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Is it not time they invited Peter Green onstage for a number or two
  • Is it not time they invited Peter Green onstage for a number two
    Didn't FZ do that once?