Doc Martin

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071

I love this prog but recently the Doc has become something of a one dimensional bore....well, he has always been this way, but now it's a little tiresome methinks

the wife and child get no affection at all and he shows no love or emotion for ANYONE, even Spocks mask would slip from time to time making the character far more interesting.it is time they gave the Doc something to do other than frown

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    ^ it's only a programme ya tit
    tae be or not tae be
  • Where all the Cornish speak they come from Brizzal
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Where all the Cornish speak they come from Brizzal
    so true,  but this is the case for 99% of the non westcountry population when trying to do a  regional accent
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Thought this was going to be about foot wear.
    (The only thing that's unites us is dr martins boots)
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    I think the accents are pretty close to a port isaac myself. West country with a slight hint of posh. Very distinctive.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I think we are watching this series out of habit rater than because its any good.  It was interesting in the first couple of series as there appeared to be a degree of character development, but the soulless Dr M is becoming a bit tiresome.  

• viz said:
    I think the accents are pretty close to a port isaac myself. West country with a slight hint of posh. Very distinctive.
    Have you ever been to Cornwall Viz
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Does he drive in the new series?cos the actor who plays him (forget his name) lost his license- which is why he was dropped from the insurance ads.I suspect he's only really doing it for financial reasons and isn't too concerned about the quality
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    rpr said:
    the actor who plays him (forget his name)
    Martin Clunes.

I saw him in London the other day. He looked quite cheerful.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    bertie said:
    Where all the Cornish speak they come from Brizzal
    so true,  but this is the case for 99% of the non westcountry population when trying to do a  regional accent
    As well as all people from East Anglia even though it's about as far as you can get from Cornwall.
    viz said:
    Have you ever been to Cornwall Viz

Cornwall? Nope. :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    But even if I had, bear in mind I've never been very good at accents - a bloke came round to repair our dishwasher on Wednesday and I asked if he was Bulgarian, turned out he was from Durban.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578

As well as all people from the 21st century, even though it's about as far as you can get from Cornwall.
    better

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    We stood outside Doc Martin's house when we were on holiday and felt inspired to watch an episode when we got home.Err, didn't make it to a second episode. :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.