Blending channels?

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7501
edited October 2013 in Amps
I really like quite heavy music, and I really like fast, single note riffs be it palmed or just heavy as balls tone.

Thing is, too much gain causes noise and mush. Too little and things sound weak.

I made a patch on the pod studio that was a rectifier type gain sound with eq and compression, running dual with a slightly overdriven bassman model. It gave the digital sounding version of what I like!

So is there an amp that let's you blend two independent channels? Or, if not, an amp that has this kind of tone without having "two rock" or "uberschall" on it? The 6505 sounds great, and is so far the closest I've heard to what I want...

Might see if I can get it from a blackstar ID.

A good example of this sound would be "the peace is broken" by alter bridge, but given how much studio processing could have gone into that, I'm probably asking the moon on a stick :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1640
    "So is there an amp that let's you blend two independent channels?"

Yes, the Blackstar Artisan series. You plug ch 1 input over to ch2 input there being 4 jacks. 
    I am sure there are other amps with a similar configuration?

Dave. 
  • I'll see if I can give one a go, see how it handles the hard rawk shizzle.

4 inputs make me think of Marshall, but that's not really the sound I'm after...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72720
    To get a blend of heavy and light overdrive you'll need an outboard distortion unit of some sort.

For the channel jumpering thing to work as a splitter, run the distortion unit between the two channels.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Line 6 Duoverb.

Fucking great amps.