The facist 'Liberal' minorities strike again

What's Hot

Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Again, cast your mind back to the week after last general election and all the pledges and promises the Tories broke, every single one for which they were elected in the first place.  Anyway, they always have the excuse that they haven't seen the debt the tories have left them with yet.  Jeeezz.

Here's an idea, if we all vote Tory we'll never know it until the shit hits the fan, or we could vote labour and blame the tories.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's right I remember now . This week Farrage likes the NHS. Odious fucker.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24673
    It reminded me of the anti-semitic wankers in the run-up to WW2...  you don't think like we do, so we'll attack you.  I think Farage is a goon, but he has every right to say what he feels, however objectionable.  Protesting against someone else's opinions is moronic.  You can't call these people 'liberals' - because they aren't.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Most of the anti-UKIP propaganda is sourced from the people who don't want to lose votes to UKIP, and therefore will discredit them by any means possible.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited March 2015
    Surely most of the anti UKIP propaganda comes from UKIP candidates themselves to be fair. Don't recall a week passing without one being outed .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Myranda said:
    Sassafras said:
    No politician is going to enrich any of our lives, ever.
    They're all a bunch of self-interested power hungry sociopaths.
    Perhaps... but any politician who says they want to take away your rights, your holiday and sick pay, your freedom, your sexuality, your home, your way of life... should be flogged through the streets as a monster. 

Then that makes @Sassafras spot on, because every politician I can remember in my lifetime has done a combination of the above.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015

@Myranda, why should an employer be liable to pay your sick pay just because you are sick or holiday pay so you don't have to work?

Anyway, of you don't pay your Council tax they'll take away your home as it stands.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Sambostar said:

@Myranda, why should an employer be liable to pay your sick pay just because you are sick or holiday pay so you don't have to work?

Anyway, of you don't pay your Council tax they'll take away your home as it stands.

Employee welfare. Some people car about others' wellbeing.
    My V key is broken
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    Sassafras said:
    No politician is going to enrich any of our lives, ever.
    They're all a bunch of self-interested power hungry thieving cuntish like sociopaths.
    Edited for accuracy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:
    Sambostar said:

Shhh.  I was trolling
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited March 2015
    Sambostar;568390" said:
    holnrew said:

Sambostar said:

Shhh.  I'm always trolling
    Corrected
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12096
    Does anyone here really believe that Farage is much different to any of the main party leaders?
    No one gets into those positions nowadays without being able to fake their way through interviews and throw crap around, and they all have personal beliefs that offend a large percentage of the country

What is different is the bulk of UKIP candidates, what a mish-mash

The angry protesters want to expose/bully him as being unacceptable, but he does actually appeal to a significant number of people, so is the protest about those other voters?. To me he's not that scary, rather it's the random set of malcontents that would be his MPs if the electoral system here were to offer him many seats. 

I have noticed that protests frequently turn ugly or violent, whether it be escalated by the more hot-headed participants, agent provocateurs or the police showing their force
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Farage gets elected here in South Thanet. The immigration issue is a very hot one locally, and one hell of a lot of people are incensed by it. 

I've had more propaganda through my letterbox and seen more campaigning by UKIP, than the other parties put together. It's almost as if the others have given up before the event, unless they're going to go for a late push. I've had just one flyer through my door from the Tory candidate, and one from Labour, neither of which mentioned immigration, thus I would suggest they've missed a trick with the locals.

Even if they'd have paid lip-service on their flyers to doing something about it, they'd have been better off. We all know politicians are lying bastards, so just put a load of shite down on your flyers in the hope that we'll swallow it. I can't recall having one from the Lib Dems, maybe they couldn't afford them after having dodgy donations rumbled.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    These days I look forward to opening my newspaper and reading about the latest scandal involving some cretinous UKip candidate, be it racist homophobic rants or serious financial irregularities. Blimey, what a shower!
    At this rate, they won't be able to find a single suitable candidate.
  • I wouldn't be at all surprised if Farage gets elected here in South Thanet. The immigration issue is a very hot one locally, and one hell of a lot of people are incensed by it. 

This really wouldn't surprise me and weirdly I would completely understand the protest vote aspect. 

I've lived in London pretty much all my life so am completely used to multiculturalism.  My mother-in-law however lives in Gillingham.  This past weekend we went down to visit and took the kids to Maidstone Museum.  I've always liked Maidstone as a town but the divide there is really evident.  It's certainly not a race issue as to be blunt the proportion of white to non-white people is much, much higher than London.  However, where as eastern Europeans coming into London probably fly under the radar (so to speak) as multiculturalism is so common, I was really shocked be the number of eastern European just hanging around Maidstone high street.  OK, it's a free country and you can hang around a high street if you like but to be blunt that's not what I mean.  I am talking about pairs or small groups of guys effectively scouting the high street.  Even to the point where I was separated from the rest and noticed two guys watching my mother-in-law and then appear to deliberately follow her, only to suddenly divert when they clocked me behind them. 

In Kent it's very easy to understand why residents, whether white or black, feel that the surrounding and living standards are being changed negatively.  There is no balance in this.  Immigration is allowed to increase but policing, the number of local schools, local medical services and amenities do not.  IMO you can't have it both ways.  If governments want to convince citizens that free-flow immigration is a good thing then they need to be willing to put their money where their mouth is and cater fro an increase population, baring in mind increase populations bring in increased income tax revenue.

Let's be honest if the main parties had the respect and courage enough to actually listen to public opinion then Farage would just be another rambling old man down your local.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

holnrew said:
    Sambostar said:

Do you care about the employers' wellbeing?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Politics is screwed .. these protesters aren't liberals. They want to shut down debate and humiliate people and they know that although they are small in number their actions will now be seen by millions via social media which reinforces the lazy stereotype that Farage is just a facist. Ukip has support so there must be lots of fascists about .. why do people want to vote for Ukip? Maybe the issues about immigration aren't about race but about jobs, wages, housing, schools and identity. It matters not as we can't debate these issues in the UK - the country has become illiberal with entrenched views in certain quarters (BBC) on subjects like race and immigration and yet we laugh at IS for doing something similar. Diane Abbott's attack on Trevor Phillips is in the same mould - shut down debate by calling him a racist - they were friends.

And the BBC news report was biased and I notice there were no police present even though the stunt was publicised on social media and the group went to the wrong pub and then marched up the high street looking for Farage in other pubs till they found him. Plenty of time to get some police on the scene.

I've basically had it with UK politics and shan't be voting. Nobody has the balls to tell you truth .. it's all just lies.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    Diane Abbott's attack on Trevor Phillips is in the same mould - shut down debate by calling him a racist - they were friends.

Looked REALLY awkward when they met up yesterday -

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Abbot%20_zpsu4biecso.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited March 2015

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Farage gets elected here in South Thanet. The immigration issue is a very hot one locally, and one hell of a lot of people are incensed by it. 

This really wouldn't surprise me and weirdly I would completely understand the protest vote aspect. 

I've lived in London pretty much all my life so am completely used to multiculturalism.  My mother-in-law however lives in Gillingham.  This past weekend we went down to visit and took the kids to Maidstone Museum.  I've always liked Maidstone as a town but the divide there is really evident.  It's certainly not a race issue as to be blunt the proportion of white to non-white people is much, much higher than London.  However, where as eastern Europeans coming into London probably fly under the radar (so to speak) as multiculturalism is so common, I was really shocked be the number of eastern European just hanging around Maidstone high street.  OK, it's a free country and you can hang around a high street if you like but to be blunt that's not what I mean.  I am talking about pairs or small groups of guys effectively scouting the high street.  Even to the point where I was separated from the rest and noticed two guys watching my mother-in-law and then appear to deliberately follow her, only to suddenly divert when they clocked me behind them. 

In Kent it's very easy to understand why residents, whether white or black, feel that the surrounding and living standards are being changed negatively.  There is no balance in this.  Immigration is allowed to increase but policing, the number of local schools, local medical services and amenities do not.  IMO you can't have it both ways.  If governments want to convince citizens that free-flow immigration is a good thing then they need to be willing to put their money where their mouth is and cater fro an increase population, baring in mind increase populations bring in increased income tax revenue.

Let's be honest if the main parties had the respect and courage enough to actually listen to public opinion then Farage would just be another rambling old man down your local.

/\ Good post.

All over Thanet there are housing developments being planned, or completed, and yet the place is an unemployment blackspot, and has been for many years. It's employment that we desperately need, so that we can support ourselves, yet the local council here appears to be anti-business, or at the very least, obstructive towards it.

Some of you will have seen the debacle that is Manston Airport going on, and as far as I know the whole place is likely to be turned into a housing development. And this is a 700 acre site, so it's huge. Are we likely to see an investment in more schools, GP's, plus all the other services and infrastructure that go hand-in-hand with an ever-increasing population? Time will tell.

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794

Are we likely to see an investment in more schools, GP's, plus all the other services and infrastructure that go hand-in-hand with an ever-increasing population? Will we hell.

ftfy
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself