I'm 46 and finally getting Camp

What's Hot
JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
When I was a kid, my Nan always insisted on putting Camp in your coffee, and it was truly horrendous. Anyway, I've been drinking a lot of French coffee recently (added chicory), so I took a punt on a bottle today, and man it is gorgeous.

All those wasted years.

Right, next I'm going to go for one of my auld Mom's diet tips..

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    I don't mind the chicory, but last time I tried it, camp had so much added sugar it's undrinkable. But that was maybe twenty years ago ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Must admit I mixed it with some seriously strong coffee...

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4068
    Camp + soya yoghurt +/- honey

My favourite post-8pm food experience!
    Grunfeld said:

Ooh, I'll give that a go in - 15 minutes :)

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It makes the best iced coffee but it was a bit sweet, I don't know if that's changed or not. It's pretty rare here, I've not seen a bottle of Camp for years.
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Never heard of this stuff, but for what it's worth I am the proud owner of a 'Camps' classical guitar.  Completely irrelevant to anything, but vaguely guitar related.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Weird you lot like.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    @Grunfeld said:

That is bloody lovely :) Though my daughter threw-up, but in 20 years she'll look back and laugh while she remembers when I poisoned her, so all is cool there too.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Notice the label is much more PC these days. The original had the Indian waiting on the Sahib, not sitting down with him.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Notice the label is much more PC these days. The original had the Indian waiting on the Sahib, not sitting down with him.
    And yet they kept the man-in-a-dress and chap in long patent leather boots imagery :)

JookyChap said:

That is bloody lovely :) Though my daughter threw-up, but in 20 years she'll look back and laugh while she remembers when I poisoned her, so all is cool there too.

I'd better make some too!

Couple of days ago my son was driving the pair of us around Scotland and I popped into a garage for some grub.  Clearly he thought I intended to kill him judging by his reaction to the Sandwich-of-Pure-Evil I got for him.  I think the box said, "Lethal Sandwich, contains Poo, Broken Glass, and Rat poison" or it might have been "Cheese and Tomato" -- who'd have thought a tomato could stir the passions so.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    JookyChap said:
    And yet they kept the man-in-a-dress and chap in long patent leather boots imagery :)
    Well it is called 'Camp'.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    I like adding a bit of Jack Daniels to my coffee, but then I think everything tastes better with a little bit of Jack and a lot better with even more Jack Daniels, in fact I find how good something tastes is proportional to how much Jack Daniels is in it, the more Jack there is the better it tastes.

My A.A. sponsor doesn't share my views though.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Never heard of it, wassit do?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    Surely everyone's granny had a bottle of this?
    Basically coffee ( ish) flavoured liquid made with chicory, used for cake flavouring or as decaf coffee.
    I think often used when coffee prices have been high or coffee largely unavailable eg during war times ( Camp goes back to 1876 according to Wiki).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Just got back from town after hunting in vain for a bottle of Camp. Where the hell can I get it?
    Sassafras said:
    Just got back from town after hunting in vain for a bottle of Camp. Where the hell can I get it?
    Most supermarkets but you often have to look in the baking section rather than with the coffees.  I think you can use it to make "coffee flavoured" things when you bake, which I don't, I just pour it into soya yoghurt :)
    Ah, that would explain it then. Thanks.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    And there was me thinking the Jookster had started wearing pink shirts and feather boa's....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Started? ??