Farm / pony / beach holiday - S Wales , S west

What's Hot
On the off chance any one has any tips in looking for a self catering holiday for 2 families with young kids. The oldest (6) fancies somewhere with animals.

Anyone stayed at any nice farms at all?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Where you thinking? Pembrokeshire?
  • Gower, Pembroke . Location can be pretty wide ranging really.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Stayed at Cwm Farm near Camarthen a couple of times when I was younger, with the family. It was pretty good. Pembrey country park nearby with a great beach, horse riding, toboggan run... Kidwelly Castle is worth visiting with the audio tour too. And there's Oakwood a little further.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    I visited Home Farm near Minehead with a young kid (proably 3 or 4) ten years ago and she loved it. It has a campsite apparently but we just did a day trip. They seemed happy to let the visitors help out with farmy stuff. http://www.homefarmblueanchor.co.uk/
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

Farm wise I dont know of many in Pembrokeshire but I know Folly Farm is a widely know working farm. My friends old man was thinking of setting up accomodation in St Davids for this sort of thing, Ill see what I can find out!

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Folly farm is a great visitor attraction but is more of a one (very full) day thing.

There are some none farm things but the general vibe is farm animals and entertainment.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Folly farm is a great day out, surprisingly big for something advertised as a farm, it's more of a zoo these days.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Try featherdown farm. A collection of "glamping" holidays on farms etc. we did one near Penzance last year and my boy loved it do much he left in floods of tears
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for all the suggestions gents.
    'Floods of tears'. Sounds perfect :-)