Tweed Deluxe Trannys?

What's Hot

No not this -

http://cdn11.lbstatic.nu/files/looks/large/2014/02/02/3540650_tumblr_n0byk6yCZw1r9ww4go1_500.jpg?1391311497

What UK available transformers would you recommended for a Tweed Deluxe build to run 6L6?

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Thanks for that!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Can't help with the the transformers, but you're rocking that look.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Nice, but a colourful scarf would add some variety to that look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    I have used this one in my build: http://www.ampmaker.com/store/0-190-275V-20W-power-transformer.html note that this does mean you can only solid-state rectify, which I have done and used a small value (100ohm ish) sag resistor instead. The advantage is the cost, and the fact that you can set up voltage switching, which means you can run the amp and 1/2 or 1/10th power and get more tweed crunch at lower volumes!

Otherwise just keep an eye on eBay for a transformer with the right voltage and current specs. I've done this several times and built a few great amps using salvaged transformers.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
    tFB Trader
    EDIT: Ignore all the above - just realised you want to run 6L6 - that transformer won't have enough current to do that. Although a 6V6 tweed deluxe is more than loud enough for anything I've ever done :)

Ebay is still a good option though, if you're patient.