SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tone King Imperial - £1200

cmacguitarcmacguitar Frets: 24
edited March 2015 in Amps £
Selling my Tone King Imperial. This is one of the best sounding amps I have heard both clean and when cranked but selling due to using slightly cheaper amps in fear of damage!! The main attraction to this amp was the weight.. 13KG which is crazy and the amp has got loads of punch. It hasn't had lots of use though except for a bit of studio and a month or so of gigging and is in great condition. Picture shows a small tear which could be glued to be completely unnoticeable. 

I am wanting £1200 which I think is a very fair price for the amount of use the amp has had.

Collection in Manchester/Chester

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 134
    This looks like one of the early model Imperials, similar to mine, with the original Tone King speaker!
    Someone should snap your hand off its the best 1x12 combo I have ever had over the many years for playing out live, full stop!

I bought mine used many years ago but sold it straight onto a good friend before I had a chance to try it out as he was desperate for a combo at the time. After he got it he wouldn't let me play it as he said it wasn't my sound and I wouldn't really like it!
    A couple of years ago I was looking for another combo for my son and asked if he wanted to sell it back to me as he wasn't really playing guitar much anymore and just sticking with his drums. Once I tried it out in his studio, I knew why he wouldn't let me try it, so after I called him a few names, :-) he sold it back to me for what he originally paid me for it. My son didn't get it either and had to settle for a Fender Blues Junior! 

It has to be used in a band situation to appreciate its full potential, not necessarily have to be that loud, but its not really a home practice combo IMO, as the sound sort of comes to life, with a bit of volume and wow you hear the difference.

Oh and its nice and lightweight as well as looking great!

;)
  • !
    Sammy said:
    This looks like one of the early model Imperials, similar to mine, with the original Tone King speaker!
    Someone should snap your hand off its the best 1x12 combo I have ever had over the many years for playing out live, full stop!

I bought mine used many years ago but sold it straight onto a good friend before I had a chance to try it out as he was desperate for a combo at the time. After he got it he wouldn't let me play it as he said it wasn't my sound and I wouldn't really like it!
    A couple of years ago I was looking for another combo for my son and asked if he wanted to sell it back to me as he wasn't really playing guitar much anymore and just sticking with his drums. Once I tried it out in his studio, I knew why he wouldn't let me try it, so after I called him a few names, :-) he sold it back to me for what he originally paid me for it. My son didn't get it either and had to settle for a Fender Blues Junior! 

It has to be used in a band situation to appreciate its full potential, not necessarily have to be that loud, but its not really a home practice combo IMO, as the sound sort of comes to life, with a bit of volume and wow you hear the difference.

Oh and its nice and lightweight as well as looking great!

;)

Ha that's great! You're selling it back to me!! It is such a good amp!
  • rocktroutrocktrout Frets: 31
    would you trade ?
  • Amp has gone now