Impulse buy of the night... Now with pics of the aftermath!

What's Hot
MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
edited April 2015 in Making & Modding
Was sat on the sofa with my iPad tonight and the idea popped into my head that the LTD KH-602 that I'm currently doing up would look cool with some lightning on it...

10 mins later I found this and it's now on the way over from America.

No idea how it's going to look or if it's going to work at all, but, gotta take some gambles in life right?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    Love it  :)
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    So, the decals arrived in the post and here's the aftermath...

http://i.imgur.com/LHg7uke.jpg

I had no idea how it was going to turn out throughout the whole process but I think I might have got away with it!

Opinions? (Do your worst :p )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I prefer those decals of a blond with a nice rack myself but whatever floats your boat...;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    edited April 2015
    capo4th said:
    I prefer those decals of a blond with a nice rack myself but whatever floats your boat...;-)

Isn't there limited edition playmate guitars made by some company, each months playmate is painted on the back of a Les Paul rip off and sold in limited numbers.  I'm sure I've seen them for sale somewhere, they're not made by Gibson I know that much about them at least, and I think Fender did something along those lines too a while ago.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 12001
    tFB Trader
    Dalefty said:
    capo4th said:

Isn't there limited edition playmate guitars made by some company, each months playmate is painted on the back of a Les Paul rip off and sold in limited numbers.  I'm sure I've seen them for sale somewhere, they're not made by Gibson I know that much about them at least, and I think Fender did something along those lines too a while ago.

DaLefty
    Thomann Harley Benton LPs that'd be
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    edited April 2015
    Thomann Harley Benton LPs that'd be

That's the ones, you can even buy them in sets if I remember correctly, and Fender did the Playboy 40th Anniversary Strat in the early 90's from memory - I remember seeing one for sale in Swee Lee Guitar shop in Singapore.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 12001
    tFB Trader
    Listen, if I'm going to knock one out to a guitar ... it'll be an original 1960 SG not a low cost LP copy with a dubiously airbrushed popsie on the derriere ;-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Cool, looks good. I would have got two and had them almost like f-holes. but still looks cool and unique :)
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Mkjackary said:
    Cool, looks good. I would have got two and had them almost like f-holes. but still looks cool and unique :)
    It did come in a pair actually as they're designed for cars, but I thought 2 would have been too much as the rest of the guitar is very understated. Still, it's a good idea that I hadn't thought about.

Btw if anyone wants the other one let me know :)
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Shocking....Looks pretty cool in a late 80's thrash kind way