So I have bought back my PRS - after 10 years!

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 961

Seems to be a fairly common thread at the moment, but after missing out on Welshboyo's PRS SAS, I had a quick search for others. Low and behold, my old guitar turned up in the search in Glasgow - having sold it about 10 years ago! Figured it was time to negotiate and bring it back home to Bristol. Its now in the courier system (god speed!) and hopefully back with me in the next day or two! Yay!

Its an interesting guitar - the pickups were replaced for Humbucker sized P90's, so really warm tones. The upper bout was shaved by a previous owner (I guess it reduced friction on his arm if playing bear armed??) and has a rosewood fretboard rather than the usual maple. It just rememeber it being a great sounding and versatile guitar - coupled with my Orange R50C, I reckon I might have my dream rig back on track! :)   

Pics (before and after) to follow

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Not coming with Hermes, is it???  >:D<
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    usedtobe said:
    Not coming with Hermes, is it???  >:D<

Only a fool would use Hermes! ;)

UPS all the way!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers crossed :-)
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    Congratulations mate, I'm one if those reunited owners that's had a thread on here, good feeling to have it back!

A lesson here for anyone selling an axe; write down your serial numbers so you can track it down again, while by the same rule there's a good chance you can flog a guitar back to a previous owner!
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • I guess it wasn't a keeper after all then ;)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    edited May 2015
    ...wondered if you would be so quick to have an ex back, after she'd (or he'd) been manhandled by all and sundry...??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    ...wondered if you would be so quick to have an ex back, after she'd (or he'd) been manhandled by all and sundry...??
    Depends on which ex.

There's one in particular who I had have back in the blink of an eye....
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Indeed - it's a real beauty, but really miss the weight of a Les Paul. I can't afford both and LPs have always been my go-to guitars. Stupid really as the PRS is a flexible guitar that better suits by cover band.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited May 2015
    Is it the ebony one at was on the board and ebay recently? Congrats on being reunited btw!

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I didn't want to comment on the fs post incase it came across as being negative, but I'm very curious about the way the edge of the body has been reprofiled - did he sand of the edge or is there something more complicated going on?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34026
    I bought back the first Tele I put together (warmoth neck and body).
    I encountered it by chance on eBay and thought why not.

It needed a bit of TLC but now it is great- never letting it go again.