Chase Bliss MK2 and Gravitas

What's Hot
LewLew Frets: 1657
edited March 2015 in FX
So... other than the comedy in classifieds I've not seen mention of the new stuff or I've missed it? So Wombtone and Warped Vinyl have got mk2s. I'm pretty tempted now that the issues with treble loss seem fixed which made it pretty unusable for me with alot of fuzz (adored it for clean and low gain). I see the price has gone up $50 to $350 too. Anyone gonna buy a mk2?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    Why's that then Branshen?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    The Warped Vinyl's not on my long (23) list . . . yet.*

* it is now (24)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited March 2015
    I kid. I know nothing about them. I'll run along and leave the big toys for the big boys :(

The mk2 warped vinyl sounds like a better design with top mounted dipswitches.
    edited March 2015
    haha no no stay and chat! 

I had the Warped mk1 and it's brilliant but I found that the loss of high end when the mix was high (over 60%) was a problem. I've been told that it's a similar deal with the Zvex lofi junky and that some people just plain like that.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    @Lew everyone knows the release of the mk2 means the mk1 with all it's little quirks is now a limited edition collectors item so can demand the same price used as new ;)

I am actually quite tempted to pick up one of Joel's new offerings when you can use a dealer's discount code to pick them up less than the used mk1s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Honestly I like the idea of the pedal. But the price is restrictive. It costs more than my guitar and amp combined!

If only the zvex iteration wasn't horizontal, I may be tempted to try that..

Or maybe if my music develops and calls for it, then I'll be able to justify it.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7215
    nickb_boy said:
    @Lew everyone knows the release of the mk2 means the mk1 with all it's little quirks is now a limited edition collectors item so can demand the same price used as new ;)

I am actually quite tempted to pick up one of Joel's new offerings when you can use a dealer's discount code to pick them up less than the used mk1s

woah there, come again....run me through this "dealers discount".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    thats what I was thinking
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Pretty sure Nick means the 10% off at a dealer such as guitarbox or prymaxe or whatevs. Not that he is secretly a dealer ;-)
    Oh. I am Jacks crushing disappointment.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    nickb_boy said:

woah there, come again....run me through this "dealers discount".
    Haha, knew Mr Gav would be sniffing around ;)

I was just referring to the discount codes that places like Rogue Guitar Shop will have a few months after it's released that will give between 15-20% off. So that'll put the new version at around £210-220 including shipping to the UK.
    and at that price it'd be rude not to buy it
    Ah yes. Right then, as you were.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    prymaxe for the win
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Don't think Prymaxe stock Chase or they didn't when I bought one.
    Or Mr. Black, or OBNE. Fo' shame.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11933
    I'll get the Gravitas, as for upgrading my existing Chase Bliss to mk2....Hmmmm probably ! lol but we'll see.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    edited March 2015
    Prymaxe are funny I priced up some things with the 20% discount code, but decided tax plus shipping made it not worthwhile. Left stuff in basket and forgot. They sent me a few reminders which I ignored. Last night I got an email offering me an extra 15% off the items ! Now it's worth it.....