JCM 900 info, any love for em?? Which are the best models??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316

They make fantastic cat beds too...

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 581
    A mate has been playing a 100watt High Gain Master Volume head for years. I've always liked his tone, but I've sounded terrible anytime I've had to play it. It was significantly quieter then my 800 too. While living abroad a few years ago I had the use of a 50watt Dual Reverb head and 4x12 cab for a year. It was crap. No girth or personality to the sound. Just rubbish.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    ICBM;576094" said:
    siraxeman said:

I've had 2 4502's (50w 2×12 dual reverbs) 1st one for alomst 10yrs...liked it but rarely used the dirt channel. Sold it when I got my dsl50 half stack...preferred that all round. Then spotted another 4502 in crack converters for £150 so had to get that. ..just to sell on and double my money which I more than did on ebay...but I ended up keeping it a few months cos it surprised me at how much better than the 1st one it sounded...no idea if it'd been modded as I can't explain how or why it sounded so mixh better but it did...…

EL34 vs 5881 models? They did both - first EL34, then 5881, then back to EL34, due to good modern-production EL34s being unavailable for a while in the mid-90s.
    No both were el34 models :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The trick for fat rhythm tones with the 900 dual reverb, patch lead in the fx loop and dial that in, more lows, tighter mids and just generally warmer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom