Why do I have to fiddle ?

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24694
I can't leave things alone.  I had to root my phone didn't I.  I had to unlock the bootloader.  Then it wouldn't update to Lollipop, which I wanted.  So off I went a-googlin' and poking around with ADB and Fastboot, custom recovery, flashing this and that.  I ended up with a phone that wouldn't boot.

After spending the last twelve hours on it, I've finally got it to a state where it's almost functioning as it was before - but I can't uninstall anything (it reboots).

I just want to tell it I'm sorry and I want it back to normal. :-(
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Emp_Fab;37788" said:
    I can't leave things alone.  I had to root my phone didn't I.  I had to unlock the bootloader.  Then it wouldn't update to Lollipop, which I wanted.  So off I went a-googlin' and poking around with ADB and Fastboot, custom recovery, flashing this and that.  I ended up with a phone that wouldn't boot.

After spending the last twelve hours on it, I've finally got it to a state where it's almost functioning as it was before - but I can't uninstall anything (it reboots).

I just want to tell it I'm sorry and I want it back to normal. :-(
    I tend to be the same,anything electronic that can me improved by tweaking or modding usually ends up being dismantled, plugged into the computer to mess with or bits soldering in to see what happens.

Phone runs a custom ROM, router runs Merlin custom firmware, I run Openelec from a USB stick for Kodi/Xbmc on an Acer Revo behind the TV so I can triple boot Win 7 and Linux. All done because I can and boredom, usually have to screw it up a few times and now I'm thinking of what I've got that I can tweak after not tweaking anything for a while.
    Thanks for reminding me @Emp_Fab thanks a lot
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom