"Relicing"

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30357
    I don't like how sticking me tabs between the strings and the peghead affects my tuning. Makes everything sound sharp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I dunno, never needed a cig enough to have to have one just before a song, maybe if I did a 4 hour set I'd feel differently, I'd probably just leave it in my mouth, or drop it on the floor to be honest....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Just be careful.
    The police want to speak to Tom Murphy about Historic abuse.

(you can stop these "jokes" at any time by using the alt key to select both Wow and LOL.)

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I'm going to write out my standard response in Microsoft word and cut 'n' paste it into a reply once a week when these topics come up.

I'm not a great fan of relicing, however I would like to try it, just to see if I could do it. Just out of curiosity. I try to keep my guitars in as good a condition as possible, but each ding and scratch tells a story and whilst I'm not adding them on purpose I'm not going to try and get rid of them.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28396
    SNAKEBITE said:

but each ding and scratch tells a story .......

no 1: I fucked up 
    no 2: I fucked up
    no 3: I fucked up
    no 4: I fucked up
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16673
    I like Guitar weasels sentiments
    IMO .........good relics are ok  but bad relics are worse than cheap reproduction furniture -the mock -tudors of the guitar world
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    My favourites are the kids, and it is generally kids around thirteen to fifteen years old, who place adverts up in our practice rooms offering to 'Hendrix Relic' your guitar for you, and what they basically do is cover the guitar in lighter fluid - the more professional kids actually take your guitar neck, scratch plate, and electronics off first, and set fire to your guitar, and charge you for it.  The professional kids, the ones who actually take the plastic parts, neck and electronics off first inevitability know as much about guitars as I do about astro physics, so they can never put them back together again quite right if at all, so if they do, it's done completely wrong so that the guitar doesn't work, and in some cases will never work again. 

I have had several guitars brought into me for repair by teachers that we now remove any adverts that mentions Hendrix and finishing from the practice rooms, and have banned quite a few of the people who advertise to relic guitars from the premises, they where causing huge problems, taking other peoples adverts down, and basically starting turf wars over free advertising space - we don't charge people for placing adverts up in our practice rooms.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Free advertising space is the Devil's work.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."