help with pricing my Marshall.

Hi guys just after a bit of advice if possible. Thinking of selling my original 1987 Marshall silver jubilee. This is the rarer canadian spec model ( as prefer by bonamassa). Excellent condition and never tampered with. Fully serviced last month. It's the 100w 2555 model silver chassis and tolex. They've just reissued it this year but the knew ones are even retailing at 1200! Any idea what would be a fair asking price if I were to sell ? Don't won't to be asking too much but would like a fair amount as everybody knows how rare these are, especially canadian specs. Thanks in advance. Probably going to regret selling it but need the funds !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72483
    What's the Canadian spec - just the lack of a 16-ohm output? (Due to it producing too high a voltage for Canadian regulations.) That's how it was in the 70s, I've never heard of it on more modern Marshalls.

I can't see any reason it should sound any different at all, so I'm puzzled as to why it should matter, except if you need to use a 16-ohm cab with it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM;575955" said:
    What's the Canadian spec - just the lack of a 16-ohm output? (Due to it producing too high a voltage for Canadian regulations.) That's how it was in the 70s, I've never heard of it on more modern Marshalls.

I can't see any reason it should sound any different at all, so I'm puzzled as to why it should matter, except if you need to use a 16-ohm cab with it...
    Bonomassa has a Canadian one, which presumably makes it desirable.

I've read (obviously I'm not technical) that they're otherwise the same. Oh, the Canadian has a metal toggle switch too.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    Roughly, £1000 for the head.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Hi guys. Didn't say it sounded any different. They're are the same minus a reset button on the back and the metal toggle on the front. There were just a lot less of these made. Just wanted an idea of price although there's rarely ever any for sale to gauge it from. I would definitely ask for more than 1k though.
  • Id say £1k is about right as well.  You can ask what you want of course, but whether it will sell ??  depends who wants it and what THEY think its worth not us.
  • Yeah of course I agree with that and appreciate the feedback.
  • If you think it's worth more, price it accordingly! People are bonomassa mad, so you could get lucky.

And if not, you have one awesome sounding Marshall. I'd love a jubilee!
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    I've got a UK 2555 and I wouldn't sell if for a grand