What do you make of this??

hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
edited March 2015 in Off Topic
I sold my Quartermaster 6 on eBay. Last thing I did before dismantling my pedal board was take photos of it for nostalgic reasons, I'm never going to have a board like it again.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/557227/#Comment_557227

Anyway it sells on eBay, then i get this message from the buyer.

hi ya , just got the qm6 and loop 1 does not work , the LED does not come on and no signal runs through the loop. This was not mentioned in you description and judging that it was very well packed i don't think this happened in transit . I will contact the gig rig to see how much a repair will be and see if it is worth doing , sadly it may have to be returned unless we could agree on a discount . I'll keep you posted cheers Tom

So I checked my photo an lo it shows loop 1 LED lit.  So my reply was completely unequivocal,

It wasn't mentioned because the last time I used it, all loops worked fine. Please return it to me in the original packaging and when I receive it I will refund in full including return postage. Can't say fairer than that can I?

Sincere apologies, Hywel Harris

And today I find this in my feedback )positive I might add) comments..

item arrived damaged , (no fault of seller) easy fix from friend . great comms

Am I being cynical or was that an attempt at price reduction??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    Cynical? Anyone would have thought that sort of thing goes on a lot on Ebay…

Lucky you were able to be so positive it worked before you sent it, or as a decent type you might have been inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Make sure you retain those messages as proof in the event of a chargeback attempt which can be made up to 180 days.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Sounds like he may have not plugged it in properly(or something along these lines) and realised after?

Given the decent FB he left I would like to think he wasn't sharking.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6939
    Someone tried that with me on a pedal. Except he stated that when he first tried it all was fine. The second time it was dead.

I explained that as it worked when I sent it and worked when he received it, it was an unfortunate problem outside of my knowledge and control.

He didn't reply after...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Well played. Sounds exactly like he was trying it on. Cheeky sod.