Selling a big cab, the best way?

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
Just looking at the best way to sell on a jcm900 412. Anyone think I'd be better "parting it out". Sell the uk celestions for £50 a pop then the empty cab for the same? It would then make £250 rather than the 120-150 that these cabs seem to fetch?

Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10701
    Probably. It always amazes me how little you get for large amps and cabs. My Vai Legacy 100W head and 4x12 cost me 500 quid.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2448
    If the drivers are in decent nick then yes you're better off parting it out, not least because posting a speaker isn't the hardest thing to do so substantially increases your market, compared to a 4x12 which is pretty much collection only.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    Yes, part it out. You should get £100 for the empty cab if it's in good condition, and certainly more than £50 even if it's tatty.

A lot of people don't really want 75s in those cabs anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I think that's what I will do, I want one of the 75s for my peavey ultra anyway!