Ebay oddity? DSR problem.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Friend of mine does work for a legal firm in RSA insurance so gets to see letters all the time which make him laugh and many that make him wonder where people managed to qualify in law.

A favourite of ours is that the solicitor put at the end of a sentance "FACT!" on what was (can't remember what now) a purely subjective opinion... so now and then one of my close group of friends will say something silly and then append "FACT!" to the end.

Well On the Off Topic topic... erm...

Got a new response from rip-off-man which states that he's going to seek legal advice and take her to court... is going to be a very very expensive bicycle for him if he pays a solicitor for advice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    He's just being a knob. Stop responding to him, or post his details on 4Chan and let justice be served.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864

Myranda said:
    Friend of mine does work for a legal firm in RSA insurance so gets to see letters all the time which make him laugh and many that make him wonder where people managed to qualify in law.

A favourite of ours is that the solicitor put at the end of a sentance "FACT!" on what was (can't remember what now) a purely subjective opinion... so now and then one of my close group of friends will say something silly and then append "FACT!" to the end.

Well On the Off Topic topic... erm...

Got a new response from rip-off-man which states that he's going to seek legal advice and take her to court... is going to be a very very expensive bicycle for him if he pays a solicitor for advice

Even more stupid is that in the small claims court you can't recover your solicitor fees. Only the court fee.

So he could pitch up with a QC and win and still lose financially.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Myranda said:

:D

Reply with "I've got your legal advice right here."

And a link to a picture of a craggy old man flipping the bird.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    Does your mum have a solicitor? If so just tell Rip-Off Man that he will have to direct all further correspondence to the solicitor and that you won't personally reply to anything from now on.

On the very few times I've ever had to do it, I've always found that tends to make them shut up immediately.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    viz said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Ignore the cunt.

Good advice I know a lady who works on film sets as a makeup artist.  She says that during breaks Tom Cruise would regularly chant "Ignore the cock" to himself - whilst not exactly the same this approach seems to have brought him great success.

Wasn't it "respect the cock"?

:D

Nah, it was a mantra from one of those 'cure you of your gayness lest you spend an eternity on the planet Zeekfaust' Scientology course type crap things - I don't think that was the official name of the course though.  You may be thinking of the "Respect the cock's personal space" prayer. 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    I think it was a line from that great film Magnolia.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I once saw a letter from a very senior lawyer to an opponent

Dear Sirs

Regarding your letter of the 7th.

Bollocks.

Yours faithfully....

The opponent did report him to the Law Society and he did get a 're-education' letter, but it was clearly worth it! :D

That was a good 15 years ago. I doubt he'd get away with it now.
    I refer you to the reply given in Arkell vs Pressdram ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom