SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Bad Monkey

What's Hot
BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
Has anyone got a Digitech Bad Monkey gathering dust that they'd let go at a decent price? (bearing mind new is only £21)
Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    edited March 2015
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1784
    lol, touche! 
    But why pay more than you need to for something? And most places seem to be out of stock until May at the moment.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    owwww but hideous postage charge actually!
    I know, makes you wonder where its coming from.

Gear4music is only down the road from me so I could just wait till they get some back in stock.
    Thought it would be worth trying on here first though as looking through some of the older threads there was a time when quite a few people bought them.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    BigMonka said:

Thought it would be worth trying on here first though as looking through some of the older threads there was a time when quite a few people bought them.
    ...........until they discovered that the Hardwire CM-2 was so much better for not much more..................
    Beexter said:
    BigMonka said:

...........until they discovered that the Hardwire CM-2 was so much better for not much more..................
    oooh tell me more, I haven't seen that before.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16008

his name is Jobby and you can have 'im FREE!

tae be or not tae be
    hootsmon said:

his name is Jobby and you can have 'im FREE!

Thanks for the offer, but as my youngest is only 1year old I see enough fecal matter as it is!
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617

I had the Bad Monkey and really didn't get what all the fuss was about (maybe it was my amp). The cost of the CM-2 dropped massively so I picked one up and for a time, had both the Bad Monkey and the CM-2. It was a very short time because the CM-2 sounded so much better. I know it's a cliché, but it was like taking a blanket off the amp. The CM-2 also has a switch to select between classic and modern modes, giving you a much broader spread of gain from light breakup to fairly heavy crunch.

The new price on them seems to have climbed back up a bit now (around £45) but you should be able to pick up a used one for low to mid twenties..

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16008
    edited March 2015

don't be so hard on the fellow he's saving up for a plectrum (used)
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hootsmon said:

don't be so hard on the fellow he's saving up for a plectrum (used)
    Actually I was going to start another thread on that as I've saved up enough for a new 0.75mm thick plectrum but I'm not sure if it's better value for money to go with a used 1.5mm one. But then I read that tone is all in the fingers and I'm not sure how a plectrum fits in to that - talk about inner turmoil.
    StefB said:
    lol, thanks @StefB - weirdly that's not even the most expensive one on ebay!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    I've got a virtually new one you can have for £20 delivered. I only bought it to see what the fuss was about, but have got too many pedals and am starting a cull. Most UK retailers don't seem to have any in stock, and their prices of course exclude delivery.