SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Dr Z Wreck

OK, here's another long shot for my continued amp buying insanity.

If you happen to have a Dr Z Wreck hiding in the shed or at the back of the kitchen cupboard or something please let me know!

Would prefer the head and cab set, but could also be interested in the combo.

Ta!
Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Phew Andy...

Nice amp but SO loud !!!! Have you played one ?
  • Not played one yet, although I think I'll be relying on my attenuators to dial it back a bit :-)

The Iron Man does do a pretty good job for me, although I guess I'll always lose a little something that way....

I'm still enjoying the Sky King with its built in Iron Man but yeah maybe I am approaching the point of too many lol
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8104
    When the first few Z-Wrecks hit the market I remember reading descriptions on the Dr Z forum where owners would try and describe the loudness related to say a Maz (already shockingly loud for 18w) - I just remember thinking I'd be scared shitless of it!

Would love to try one though 
    Red ones are better. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    I tried one at Peach... Glorious but REALLY REALLY loud. Not a home amp imho...
  • What's that Waz? I can't hear you! :-)

I think you're definitely right that it's not really a home amp - the way I deal with 'em is through the attenuators or even just taking them through the Torpedo Reload and into speaker sims.

Am I losing something over having the cabinet resonating in the room with me? Absolutely.

Is there really any rational point in doing this when I've got some great amps and quieter amps that do the job for me? Not really.

But I still enjoy it lol.

A friend of mine has a Maz 8 with the Celestion Blue in it and the brake lite in the back of the cab. Even that's not really a home amp if you want to crank the power section, the Dr Zs are unfeasibly loud.

Managed to get pretty close to the room sound by using the ownhammer impulses and nebula platform...it's not for everyone though. I talked about this approach with my guitar teacher the other week and he pulled a face like I'd taken a shit in his sock drawer :-)

• cm01cm01 Frets: 548
    My Mazerati is ridiculously loud - took it to practise this week and even with a hard hitting drummer I didn't get it over 2 on the volume!