SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS SE245 Soapbar

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
edited June 2015 in Guitars £
*edit* This week I dropped the pickup heights and this baby now sings properly without sounding too powerful. Previously, it was too far apart from my Mojo'Tron-loaded Trini and that was a big part of my initial disappointment. That's now passed but then I foolishly played a stunning CS Telecaster last weekend and now want one as my second guitar rather than this.

Happy to trade up/down for a Telecaster too - no real preference on brand/model as long as it's a solidbody and has a tele bridge pickup. It's just been a while since I've had one and I'm now thinking of building a partscaster so I want something to baseline specs against.

*double edit* I also started the "Old Black" transformation and added dial pointers and chromed pickup covers. I've got amber knobs arriving today/tomorrow that will be included along with the originals.

This is the MkIII variant of the SE Sopabar, with the added maple top, full-thickness mahogany back, shorter scale (hence the name), and "full" controls.

Sale price is
£275 + delivery, or collection from zone 1-3, London. Includes the lovely SE gigbag btw. *edit* I can also include a set of ivoroid button PRS Phase II tuners from a DGT for an extra £50. These haven't been fitted to the SE, but were purchased for it. The depth is fine for them, but you would need to drill 12 new holes to mount them as they are of the two-screw variety from 09-11ish.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Ah, like an errant baa-lamb back to the flock...welcome back Si :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    edited April 2015
    Yeah... I was really hoping to avoid it but this one overlaps just too much with the Tron-loaded Trini so I want something a little thinner sounding.
    Yeah, I know what you mean - they are cool. I keep dithering over the Future one on Thomann <£400 *sigh*

I was toying with that too, hell of a price! I'm wondering how chunky that assymetric neck is though? I quite like the SGM Min-E-Tune ones too at ~£460.

There's a worn-brown SG Special on gumtree nearby at a good price, I've dropped them a message but I'd need to sell either the SE or the bass before I could sneak it home and have a hope in hell of living another 24 hours!
    :) That's the problem with Gibsons, so much harder to sneak a few parts in and then 'knock together' from parts you have hanging around..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2015
    Too true - Lil's lenient, but not that lenient!
    edited April 2015
    Bump - now looking for an SG Standard. Lil's either more lenient than I realised, or I do a great sales pitch. :D

Also, I should point out that this is not meant to reflect badly on the SE, far from it, but my head was after something a little lighter sounding. The SE does a great impression of a Les Paul with P90s, but that's too thick for my current needs. :(
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited April 2015
    SG original with maestro any good to you?

Only if it was a bargain price I'm afraid, I'm trying to stick relatively close to what I'd set aside for the SE & planned mods (i.e. ~£550)!
    Only if it was a bargain price I'm afraid, I'm trying to stick relatively close to what I'd set aside for the SE & planned mods (i.e. ~£550)!

that would be a bargain price! I'll have two of 'em please...!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Exactly! Feel free to be super generous though :D
    Bump - trades for SGs removed, I've found a local SG Faded to check out this weekend and if that doesn't fit then I'm going to be content with the Trini for a while longer.

May also trade for pedals - Strymon BigSky or an Eventide H9 perhaps.
    edited April 2015
    Trade/Part Ex the Trini for the SG Original?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol, I'm not sure you'd want to (nor I!)- it's a Chibson "tribute", rather lovey though and easily my favourite guitar!
    Must have been confusing you with Shugz or someone else then as im sure somebody on here has/had a lovely original Trini......

That'd be part of @Shugz lovely collection! It's a little more special than mine. :)

Another guy here has one of the more recent Lopez reissues, can't remember who though? I wouldn't mind one of the new black ones but it's hard to justify the overlap with the Chibson! :O
    Also, I can also include a set of ivoroid button PRS Phase II tuners from a DGT for an extra £50. These haven't been fitted to the SE, but were purchased for it. The depth is fine for them, but you would need to drill 12 new holes to mount them as they are of the two-screw variety from 09-11ish. Pics to follow in a bit.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Pm'd
    Bump

Pic of the Phase II's added.

Bump - would also trade for/against a Strymon BigSky or Eventide Space etc.