Wot - no acoustic?

What's Hot
usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
For the first time since I started guitar-bothering, many moons ago, I suddenly (as of last week) find myself without an acoustic guitar. And it feels kinda weird!

I started on acoustic (a built like a tank Eko, out of the calalogue) and got an electric (which, despite many comings and goings, I still have) about 3 years later. I've always felt more an electric player, if anything, but I've always liked my acoustic, and have gone through more acoustic phases.. I tended to write on acoustic, mainly..
Never had super-amazing expensive guitars, but I enjoyed them all. 
Over the years, I've had:
Eko Rio Grande, a low end Takamine electro (which sounded better acoustic than plugged in!), Epi EJ200, Washburn D10s, Tanglewood TW130 electro, and a Seagull Entourage Rustic Mini Jumbo. 

I only once, for a short time, had 2 at the same time, which was when I had the Seagull and the Tanglewood. When my last band finished, 3 years ago, I had a bit of a clear out, and the Seagull went.

I'm about to set out to find myself a 'nice' acoustic and I put the TW up for sale, thinking it would take as long as some of my electric's have taken to sell, but it went in about a week.

I don't think I could manage for any length of time, without an electric (or 4) either, but I've never had to.. It'll be a few weeks before I'm sorted. I want a guitar I'm going to keep, and be happy with...

I've gone on a bit, I know, but damn - it does feel strange..!
 so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I'd find it hard to go without an acoustic these days, I'm playing more acoustic now that I don't gig anymore, sometimes it's down to laziness because I can't be arsed with all the electrical gubbins but more often than not I just prefer the rich sound of a nice acoustic, preferably a 12 string. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73015
    Sassafras said:
    I'd find it hard to go without an acoustic these days, I'm playing more acoustic now that I don't gig anymore, sometimes it's down to laziness because I can't be arsed with all the electrical gubbins but more often than not I just prefer the rich sound of a nice acoustic, preferably a 12 string. 
    I could have posted that exactly, so I'll just borrow yours :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom